Search Unity

VisualSVN Server Question

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by animaguy, Feb 18, 2016.

1. animaguy

animaguy

I am having trouble getting other collaborators connected using VisualSVN Server.

I setup a repository on my Desktop using VisualSVN. I setup a username and password. I connected a secondary laptop with the same internet router and tried to log in and was successful.

Right now other computers connected to different routers are not connecting with the URL, username and password information.

For anyone who knows how to trouble shoot this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cygon4

Cygon4

Does someone in your team have, or know someone, with some network setup experience? That would be easiest.

Otherwise, some things to check:
    • Make sure everyone is in the same network address range - for local networks usually 192.168.0.x or 172.16.0.x or 10.0.0.x with a net mask of 255.255.255.0 - either by assigning IPs manually or by having a single DHCP server in the network.
    • Make sure everyone can ping the server by IP
    • If you want DNS (entering a URL instead of IP) you also need to set up a name server (I use dnsmasq on Linux, Windows Server versions ship with one and there are free ones for Windows Desktop versions, eg. MaraDNS). You can skip this step if you only use IPs to connect.

3. karcki

karcki

we unable to take the branch from our Trunk location and we received the below error. Can you please check and provide the solution for us ?