Search Unity

Visual Novel for Dialogue System for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stranger-Games, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce the soon to be released asset 'Visual Novel for Dialog System for Unity'.

This asset is basically an extension to the Dialogue System for Unity by @TonyLi to easily create visual novels using the already well established Dialogue System.
    But it will also have advanced features that will also greatly help with development of non-visual novel games.
    For example Dialogues like this inside a 3D game will be easy to be developed using this asset. Actually the video is a recording of the actual asset being used in a game we are developing now. (The dialogue is at second 15)

Thanks.

TonyLi likes this.
  2. ocimpean

ocimpean

I have Dialog System plugin so you got my attention. I would like to know if there are any tutorial videos/demos regarding functionality, how you implement visual novel specifics (comparing to RenPy) also would like to know how Dialog System integrates with your product and what steps a user has to take to make them work together.

3. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Thanks for your interest in our product.
    Here are all the tutorials regarding the asset.

Unfortunately they are a bit outdated, but the change is only one thing. Visual Novels are now stored in a different folder, please watch this for the main change.

More tutorials are coming soon. Please tell me if you need any more information.

TonyLi likes this.
  4. Richardleung88

Richardleung88

I have Visual Novel for Dialogue System Plugin , How can I set the Canvas to Portrait, , on Editor setup is portrait , but when I press run , it will change back to Landscape. before I haven't install Visual Novel plugin , it is fine work on portrait. no change .

5. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

@Richardleung88 Thank you for using our plugin.
    Can you tell me the steps to reproduce the problem, or send me a sample project with the problem to my private inbox?

6. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

7. Richardleung88

Richardleung88

Thank You , I can do it now. Thanks for your quick answer.

Stranger-Games likes this.
  8. DamirZG83

DamirZG83

Anybody using this? It seams developer has given up on this. No reply, no respond, wrong price...

9. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi Dmir, I saw your e-mail that was sent less than 24 hours ago. We are pretty responsive, and we have offered support promptly to current and future users of our asset. You can't say no reply when only about 22 hours have been passed since you sent the e-mail.

However, since your visual novel have few mini games, cut scenes, some kind of diary and a simple inventory system. Our plugin doesn't support those, however it's flexible enough to be able to do all that stuff without breaking the plugin.

Ink integration is not supported, but it's a great suggestion, so we will see if we can add support for it in the future.

We at Stranger Games are working on custom solution that integrates 'Inventory Pro' from @jorisshh , plyGame from @Leslie-Young , Dialogue System for Unity from @TonyLi , Third Person Controller from @opsive , and Visual Novel for Dialogue System for unity from @Stranger-Games along with other custom plugins we developed for a complete top down Lara Croft style game kit with JRPG elements in it to use for our in progress game title.
    We might be able to offer custom solution for developers looking for such a thing.
    I welcome any cooperation from other developers in this kit.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    TonyLi likes this.
  10. DamirZG83

DamirZG83

I meant no offense. I only meant that this thread is pretty dead.

Could you make a list of features for Visual novel plugin please? I think it could be good for my project but I don't have enough information about it.

Regarding Ink, since VN is Add-on for Dialogue System for Unity and it supports Ink integration i think VN as such doesn't have to have that support. Am I wrong?

Also, there is a price problem. On asset store there is a price 37,52 EUR but when I go on checkout price is 70+ EUR. Could you check the problem?

11. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I will check the Ink support with my plugin.
    I will contact support regarding price.

12. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

The asset is on sale for paid subscribers. I guess the listed price for you is the sale version, but you are probably not a subscriber so at check out you get the full price.

13. mingapur

mingapur

Hello, is there any way to try the tool as a demo?
    It's hard to pay the tall price without truely kowing if it fits my purpose.

14. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Thank you for your interest in our asset
    I think you better wait on this one since it's not compatible yet with the latest Dialogue System for Unity.
    I also understand your concern, I'll try to make a free version to illustrate the capabilities of the asset.
    Can you tell me what your needs are?

15. mingapur

mingapur

I am working student project, story based, and it needs an jrpg/visual novel style dialogue sytem, that works in a 3D enviroment through triggers and is easy to use and possibly extend upon. The main problem is that we have no time and capabilities for fancy programming. I looked into several programms already and wanted to check if it was possible to try this one out aswell, for comparison and evaluation.
    I was looking into 'Dialogue System for Unity' and thus noticed this programm would probably fit my purposes.
    To bad that it's not up to date.
    My curren favorite of the programms tested is fungus due to it's open source nature, making it easy to extend and being free to use.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Stranger-Games likes this.