Search Unity

Video Tutorials for a different kind of game genre

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by PProductions, Aug 12, 2015.

1. PProductions

PProductions

Hi everyone,
    I'm fairly new to the unity forums (mostly spending my time on answers instead) but I wanted to post about some videos I've been making. It is a video walk through of how to make an RTS style transportation game in unity.

I'm far from perfect which is why I hesitate to use the word 'tutorial' but I am completely sick of the main teaching on youtube seeming to be FPS games or just how to copy minecraft. Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you would give the videos a watch and give me some feedback about them for the future.

First Video:

thanks,
    Nick

EDIT: Probably should have said, this is using c# as principle language and unity 5 personal edition. I am currently working on a procedural terrain section of the game which will be uploaded in the coming weeks

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    EliasMasche likes this.
  2. georetro

georetro

EliasMasche likes this.
  3. PProductions

PProductions

:)Thanks. Very glad to be included

georetro likes this.
  4. JonboyPizzaBuns

JonboyPizzaBuns

Hey! I'm trying to get into game dev'ing and want to start by making a simple RTS. I'm going to be following this series, is it cool for me to send you a message if I'm confused about something? (No prior experience, joined the military out of high school, so no programming or design experience haha)

5. PProductions

PProductions

Great to hear :) Please feel free to leave youtube comments or notes on here. Otherwise you can email me at nick@pearsoncgi.net. I will do my best to explain things better there

6. Dusty_Cube

Dusty_Cube

Is it oke if i use your game and turn it into a sort of C&C game with ability to control your units with a FPS kind of controls