Search Unity

vertexcolors in demo shaders ?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by warby, Mar 24, 2009.

1. warby

warby

can i enable vertexcolors for all the shaders that came with the demo ? there is plenty of code examples in the various tutorials on this site and the forum.

example: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Components/SL-VertexProgramInputs.html

but i am not quite sure how to actually edit one of the default shaders that came with the demo ?! the "EDIT" option in the dropdown menu is inconveniently grayed out ... what exactly hides under that button if you have the pro version ???

i hope its a node based material editor like in unreal 3 because i got seriously spoiled by that ! its the only way to make proper materials now a days !

if that is not whats hidden under there i should probably go straight to the wish list board ^^

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Nothing; you can't edit the built-in shaders, only your own custom shaders. You can download the source for all the built-in shaders and edit that though. Look at the stickies in the forum.

--Eric

3. warby

warby

i got myself the source code to the default shaders and added the vertex color code ( or to be more precise i replaced the entire shader with the debug vertex color code from the tutorial)

now how do i get my custom shader on an object ? i cant choose it from the list of "default shaders" i cant drag it on to the material i cant drag it onto the object ... how the hell do i use these custom shaders ? is this a unity pro feature ?

4. warby

warby