Search Unity

uSkyPro – Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering [2.0 Beta]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Luckymouse, Sep 14, 2014.

1. crudeMe

crudeMe

So, what's on the roadmap? Any cool stuff coming in or there is not much stuff going to happen?

ftejada likes this.
  2. Kojote

Kojote

Hello!

I bought the uSkyp Pro Asset this morning, have now made some attempts to get it to run, however, it looks to me at the time so:

Even in the test scene there are problems. Does somebody has any idea?

Many Thanks!

3. MarcusGT

MarcusGT

Hello there :)

At first usky is making real fun to play with!
    But i have a little problem. It seems that the cloud Layer is in front of the geometry. It seems that the cloud Layer is in some Distance around the Scene is this right ? and is it possible to control those distance ?
    So in normal SceneView everything its okay. But in Play-Mode the clouds are before the geometry. Do you have a clou about that ?

Cheers

4. crudeMe

crudeMe

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u...attering-2-0-beta.268288/page-15#post-3163542

Had same problem, but it was fixed since some time. Make sure you are using the latest version.

5. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

@claydamron, Kojote, crudeMe
    Sorry for the shaders errors. The new version has been submitted, waiting approval, should be available next week.

Coming Update info
    uSky 1.5 Change Log
    =======================
    Known Issue:
    LightShaft is still broken in Single Pass VR. (working on Non-VR built)

- Fixed the Shader error for unity version 5.6.0 or newer
    - Now Atmospheric Scattering (and Occulsion) supports Single Pass VR.
    - Added 1024 Resolution MilkyWay Cubemap.

If you still have any error please post it here, and provide follow information.
    - Which OS of the Editor (Windows, Mac)?
    - Which Version of Unity Editor?
    - What is your target built platform (Windows Standalone, iOS, Vive, Oculus/Gear VR)?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    ftejada likes this.
  6. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Please try the later version 1.5. See if you still get any error.
    You are right, At the moment uSky doesn't have the control for the fog yet, that will be a priority to add this feather for future update.
    I believe uSky LightShaft is still working (Tested in v1.5), but just not for the VR yet.
    - Use x1 Inscatter Alitude Sample
    - Basic skybox and clouds setup are optimized for mobile.
    - LightShaft is still possible to run on mobile.
    - Atmospheric Scattering are not recommended to run on mobile yet.

I do have a lot of ideas, but right now I can not promise to add new feature. If there are any, I will announce it later.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Kojote likes this.
  7. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

New version 1.5 on the AssetStore.
    Fixed the Shader errors for unity version 5.6.0 or newer (2017.1). Please update this latest version.

JBT27 and ftejada like this.
  8. ftejada

ftejada

I'm really glad to hear this.

I hope you continue working on your asset. It's the best results I've got from all the assets I've tried (Azure, Unistorm, etc).

regards

Luckymouse likes this.
  9. f1ac

f1ac

Are there any plans to implement spherical ambient light? This is probably the single thing I'm missing, the rest is just great.

Side note about having two lights for sun and moon: it is probably best to have just one light shared by both, and to set intensity to zero instead of disabling it when both are below the horizon. It would simplify interaction with other assets, which usually expect one light object which won't change during play. For example SEGI is trying to access disabled sunlight sometimes, and doesn't handle well switching between lights.

asemenov likes this.
  10. AERwaevs

AERwaevs

As someone who personally can't live without SEGI now that it's open source, I made a simple compatibility script for SEGI and uSky. Add the script to uSky (Or anything really, it should find all relevant references.) and change the time of day slightly as it uses uSky's UpdateLighting event. Note that it isn't quite plug-and-play, as it requires some code snippets to be inserted into uSkyLighting.cs, contained at the top of the script. It should work for all exposure/light brightness settings but has only been tested with proper HDR set up. My coding skills are remarkably average so if anyone can clean up the code feel free to post it here.

Edit: forgot to mention that it's set up to support the cascaded version only, if you use the non-cascaded variant then a quick edit to the SEGI reference is all that's needed

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    asemenov and ftejada like this.
  11. Fewes

Fewes

Hi, any chance of packing a transparent shader compatible with uSky along with the asset? This would greatly assist in adding uSky support to custom shaders, such as forward-rendered ocean shaders. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    crudeMe likes this.
  12. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

Greetings @Luckymouse! I'm experiencing an issue with stars rendering in front of scene geometry when using a deferred lighting path. Have you experienced this - and do you have a potential fix?

I'm happy to throw together a test case if it would be useful. Simply add uSky to a scene, set the main camera to "Deferred" and throw a large plane under the camera. Even during the daytime, stars below the horizon will appear as black dots on the plane.

Unity 2017.2.0f3 (64bit) - Earth.unity - terra-.jpg

Edit: In Deferred rendering mode, I'm also seeing clouds render in front of sufficiently distant scene geometry. Any ideas?

clouds_floating.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  13. magique

magique

14. nbac

nbac

wow i did miss that till now. when is eta for 2.0? are those clouds animated/ volumetric?

15. pojoih

pojoih

I've got a problem with the scattering image effect in SteamVR (Single and Multi-Pass). Tilting the head produces weird artefacts. They are different on both eyes: Tilting the head right produces the artifacts on the right eye and tilting left on the left eye.

Unity 2018-02-19 20-48-43-13_1.gif

16. magique

magique

This asset appears to be dead.

17. crudeMe

crudeMe

Such a pity. One of the easiest and prettiest ambient solutions I've come across.

18. Freznosis

Freznosis

Was looking at purchasing this asset to replace another sky solution, that sucks that this asset died, easily one of the best sky solutions I've seen on the store.