Search Unity

Using of Unity Assets Store in Unreal Engine 4

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YoniBE, May 28, 2015.

1. YoniBE

YoniBE

Hello!
    Can I use some assets from Unity Assets Store in my commercial projects in UE4?

Thanks for answering!
    Yoni.

AntonioModer likes this.
  2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

From the unity assetstore licese agreements
    https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms
    It does not seem to restrict the use of the asset to be in conjunction with unity.(unless i missed something in the whole legal document)

3. alexcode5

alexcode5

Just came across this thread and thought I'd add this info from the support page:

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...s-from-the-Asset-Store-in-my-commercial-game-

4. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

NOT ALL ASSETS USE THE SAME LICENSE. Be careful and read the license for each individual asset as some have more restrictions.

Guess I should have read the date on the original post. Sorry to help in furthering a pointless necro post.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. Bixx

Bixx

Where do you see the information about their licenses exactly? I can't seem to find it..

Also what does this mean exactly, I'm a bit confused by it? "You cannot duplicate an asset."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

In the end user license agreement. I dont use the asset store much but i think its not very common for an asset to use something different than the standard unity eula. I do remember unity chan having some extra restrictions so I know an asset can have different restrictions but again I think they are mostly the same.
    I dont know what context this sentance is used in so I am unsure of its meaning.

7. LaneFox

LaneFox

The standard asset store eula allows you to use assets from the asset store in other engines.

Herald_of_Omega likes this.
  8. hjellming1991

hjellming1991

For future people this is common sense kinda if unity is making the product contact them simple as that because their is a good chance that they have restrictions which its their engine they can do that but at the same time i dont see them trying too dodge the idea of someone buying their stuff even if using it in another engine but for their stuff ask them or shift through and start reading terms and agreements if you got 4 hours too kill

a creator someone that designed it i doubt they have a problem with you using the item that you "PAID FOR" in another game i think when you buy something tho it becomes yours with the limitation of straight up taking said paid for mod and trying to redistribute it as your own but thats a little different than making a game with items made by someone else that you paid for and selling the game itself once finished

personally i think the only way someone could get mad is if its free and open source more or less thats them just being kind and sharing that is the only time i think you would truly have to get consent and have respect for their wish on how its used
    personal opinions