Search Unity

Use support library

Discussion in 'Android' started by alex_bruneau, Nov 29, 2016.

1. alex_bruneau

alex_bruneau

Hi,
    I'm doing a pluggin that would use android's component over a game, is there a way to make it use support library?
    I'm having the following exception at runtime when trying to use recyclerview:
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.eppz.plugins.alert-2/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.eppz.plugins.alert-2/lib/arm, /data/app/com.eppz.plugins.alert-2/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]

But in my plugin gradle I've well added
    compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.4.0' and I've also tried with @aar and with transitive.

Any idea?
    Regards,

2. liortal

liortal

Are you including the support library in your game? or you'd like to "embed" it (e.g: compile it into) your own library?

3. micoene

micoene

Hi liortal, i'm getting the same problem as alex_bruneau,

The plugin that i am writing uses this library. I don't know how to embed it into my own library, neither do I know how to include the support library into my game. I have tried several things, but to no avail. I must be doing something wrong.

4. liortal

liortal

Not sure how i can help any further. Contact me in private or via the link in my signature.