Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Upload error with pkg file because of VR plugins

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tonemcbride, Jul 20, 2017.

1. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Hi,

I'm trying to upload an update of our app to the Mac App Store but have ran into difficulty doing this because I'm using the latest Unity (5.6.1f1).

I've signed the app and packaged it up but I get these errors in Application Loader: (even though I've disabled VR in the player settings)

ERROR: ERROR ITMS-90277: "Invalid Bundle Identifier. The application bundle contains a tool or framework [com.myCompanyName.myappnameosx.pkg/Payload/myappname.app/Contents/Plugins/AudioPluginOculusSpatializer.bundle] using the bundle identifier '', which is not a valid bundle identifier."

ERROR: ERROR ITMS-90276: "Missing Bundle Identifier. The application bundle contains a tool or framework [com.myCompanyName.myappnameosx.pkg/Payload/myappname.app/Contents/Plugins/OVRPlugin.bundle] that is missing the bundle identifier in its Info.plist file."

ERROR: ERROR ITMS-90334: "Invalid Code Signature Identifier. The identifier "OVRPlugin" in your code signature for "OVRPlugin" must match its Bundle Identifier "$bundleIdentifier""

When I build the app I can't see those framework bundles in the contents so I'm not able to delete them at that point. They only seem to appear once it's been signed and turned into a pkg file.

Is there any way to stop Unity adding these unsigned bundles?

Thanks!

Rebaken-Enterprises likes this.
  2. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Update: I managed to fix this by just removing those frameworks from the unity application itself. If anyone else is interested I just opened up the console window and did this:

cd /Applications/Unity561/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR (or whatever your Unity directory is called)
    mv OSXUniversal /Users/me/Desktop

It just moves those 2 frameworks onto the Desktop - you can put them back after you've done the build/package

3. Rebaken-Enterprises

Rebaken-Enterprises

Having this problem with Unity 2017.1 ... Virtual Reality Supported is unchecked in Player Settings, but the build fails if I move the files above.

4. Rebaken-Enterprises

Rebaken-Enterprises

For me, it was because I had just updated my project from 5.4. Exiting and entering Unity again, then building resulted in no *.app/Content/Plugins folder at all :D