Search Unity

[UPDATED] Make A Complete Role Playing Game In Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by PhillipsGameDesign, Nov 14, 2016.

1. PhillipsGameDesign

PhillipsGameDesign

Today Ben Tristem, the best instructor on Udemy in my personal opinion, posted a kickstarter campaign to teach people how to create a 3D RPG using Unity. It will be a intermediate course due to the beginners course he already teaches on Udemy. If you pledge at least $24, you get the course. When launched in March, the course will cost $400. Great steal for the price! Support the course here!

Your Dream RPG

And for those interested, the beginner course that normally sells for $195 is currently on sale for $10 for the next 24 hours. You can see that course here:

The Complete Unity Developer

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    KingLlama likes this.
  2. PhillipsGameDesign

PhillipsGameDesign

Less than 24 hours and already close to being completely funded! Again, don't miss out on this great opportunity! Ben is such a great instructor when it comes to learning Unity and what you can do with it. Over 107,000 students on his beginners Unity course, and nothing but positive feedback.

Before anyone asks, I'm advertising as both a way to give back to the instructors... and as a way to introduce other people who may be struggling to courses that take you further than you would expect. I went from 0 experience but a whole lot of plans for what I wanted to do, to proficient and actually able to break down and troubleshoot code all before I was halfway done with the course.

3. PhillipsGameDesign

PhillipsGameDesign

Update: Only 5 days left! The course has been fully funded, and already passed the first stretch goal which was "Steam Big Picture Mode". We are close to the second stretch goal which will show you how to do post processing and make your Unity Game look just like an Unreal game right out of the box. There is also a stretch goal of full character customization which is possible to reach with the support of the gaming community! Help Ben Tristam reach his goal and support the continuing education of Unity!

4. PhillipsGameDesign

PhillipsGameDesign

Last notification! 51 hours left to go and boy did they give bonus perks to those willing to help the project hit its next stretch goal! Here was today's changes:
    • Added a £29 (about $37) pledge section for early course access
    • Took the current £50,000 pledge of making a Unity game look like Unreal with post processing, and gave it to us! In exchange, They took what was the £75,000 of complete character customization and moved it up! So if the stretch goal is reached, they are giving us that!
    At the time of this post, we currently are sitting at $59,816 which puts us only $3,057.75 needed for the final goal! Thank you to all of those who have supported this class, and a huge thank you to anyone who helps us reach the final goal!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bentristem/your-ideal-rpg-make-a-complete-role-playing-game-i