Search Unity

Assets [Upcoming] Mars' Modular Multiplayer Photon FPS Kit

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Mars314, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Mars314

Mars314

Thread continues here
    Hello everyone!

I've been thinking about what Multiplayer FPS Kits there are for Unity and none of them really are what I would imagine if I bought one. So I have started creating my own with all the knowledge that I gathered in 7 years mostly working on FPS projects.

So far I have released 2 videos of the kit.
    If you want to see all features (current and future ones) please check out my Trello board for it:
    https://trello.com/b/HtfXnKkl/
    Basically, in the videos, you see the groundwork of a Photon FPS. It has got the basic player setup, fully networked. Weapons, crouching, HUD, recoil, etc all that base work is done. Currently, I am working on a Loadout menu (for update #3). Here's a WIP screenshot (It is not functional yet, I only positioned the UI and the 3D Models so far:

Here are the videos I mentioned before:

What's special about the kit is the setup. The setup is based on Scriptable Objects instead of old school Mono Behaviours, which makes everything neat to work with and easy to modify.
    For example, this is the "Game" asset that contains all information for the game to work with.
    Here is the main script's inspector
    And the current player:

It will feature AAA models and animations. You can acquire the FAL model here if you would like it for yourself.
    Pricing will be $50 for the first version.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Firesoft likes this.
  2. Firesoft

Firesoft

Looks very cool!

3. Mars314

Mars314

If anyone is interested in buying this:

The first version is available on Sellfy for 45€: https://sellfy.com/p/QBYx/
    When first person animations are added, the price will rise to 60€.
    An asset store version will follow in a few months but I will continue to update both versions.

4. Serinx

Serinx

Does it use an authoritive server or p2p?
    If you buy early do you get all the updates?

5. Mars314

Mars314

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to do an authorative server with Photon Cloud as there is per se no real server, only the master client which will always be a player. To answer the question, it's p2p. And yes, you will receive all updates for free.

@Mods
    Can this thread be locked? I will create a new thread in the Assets section, since this is released now.