Search Unity

Unwanted UI animation keyframes suddenly appearing

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by bestknighter, Feb 9, 2015.

1. bestknighter

bestknighter

There are anyone experiencing this same problem? To me, it seems to be a Unity Editor's bug but before sending a report, I'm trying to understand what is happening.

I searched and didn't find anything related to.

In my scene I have multiple screens from a UI (a main menu with submenus). But everytime I try to change the keyframes of one property, suddenly appears other properties with some keyframes and some keyframes too in properties that already exist. See the screenshot to understand better.

p.png

From the first to the second print, I just tried to select a property. Then suddenly the SizeDelta.x properties appeared with those keyframes and the Position.z properties got new keyframes, as you can see, and the property i tried to select got deselected.

From the second to the third print, I just moved the playhead and selected a property, and what happened can be seen in the image.

PS.: I'm using Unity 4.6.2p1.

PS2.: I'm still having the issue of getting the project dirty because of a driven rectTransform.

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

I suspect it is the editor and the component scripts that are causing the scene to become dirty.
    There is a lot of "Update" style code in the RectTransform and other components which the animator is obviously picking up.
    Not sure there is anything you can do at this point (apart from deleting those properties after you have finished editing) other than log a bug about it.

3. bestknighter

bestknighter

Ok, thanks! I just sent a bug report to them. I deleted all my UI and redone it from scratch. The dirty project bug disappeared but not the keyframes bug. I figured out that, probably, the cause is with the Aspect Ratio Fitter.

4. super77gg

super77gg

Hey there - I think I'm experiencing something similar with Sliders. Did you have any luck figuring the keyframe issue out? We have sliders and scrollbars that are in submenus, every time we scrub the timeline it adds keyframes to the sliders and scrollbars...

5. greg-harding

greg-harding

We're having the same problem in Unity 5.0.x. Editing animations with any UI elements in the hierarchy that have auto layout controllers attached adds hundreds of keyframes all the time. It's basically unusable.

super77gg likes this.
  6. BMayne

BMayne

The issue is anything with driven properties. The RectTransformWatcher stops serialization from happening but as others pointed out the animator still picks them up. Since the animation system was created long before the UI system it does not filter these out.

As for a fix there really is none. This can be a huge pain sometimes :(

super77gg likes this.
  7. UIGuy

UIGuy

This needs to be fixed immediately!!! I can't believe it's been left this way for so long. We are suffering bug after bug due to this bug on our project. I cannot even work right now!

8. CachosNachos

CachosNachos

Any progress on this?? I am having the same problem and it practically makes working in the animation window impossible. It is driving me mad.