1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityAds VS AdMob??who win

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by belva1234, Oct 6, 2014.

1. belva1234

belva1234

Hi guys i open this threads to ask something...
    I have a game with:
    Videos completed:990
    Videos started:2621
    Ad requests:6786
    and i got 7.05$ now my question is...
    with admob with 6786 ad request i will display 6786 interstitial wich will give me more than 3$ every 1000 views
    so i will get more than 18$...
    Soooo wich one give me more money??

2. Salazar

Salazar

I dont know about money but working with humans better than working with robots.
    Unity-Ads will improve with more publishers.
    My account is banned from ad-mob, I really dont know why? Maybe because I am not an experienced developer. Maybe I miss something or violate something I even dont know. You should careful with ad-mob, after I banned I figured out there are lots of publishers like me. Some of them lost lots of money, (you can search the web)

I now trying to implement video Unity-Ads. At least there are official people to talk. And I am using Unity's free tools, damn thanks for this tools.

Armand Cloud
    Architect

Clyde_Zhang likes this.
  3. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Belva,

The term adrequest in our current admin is a bit misleading (it was originally internal number, but we've kept it in the admin).

Your game will actually make an adrequest everytime it is started (regardless whether the user ever sees an ad). So that number does NOT correspond to the number of times you have tried to show an ad.

The number you should use when comparing is the 2621 started / shown ads.

Cheers,
    Heikki

nandovilla likes this.
  4. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

What about the ad blocking problem? Are there any ways to detect ad blocking apps? There is a problem with that and admob. It would be great to be able at least prompt the user not to do that and maybe turn off some features.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity Technologies

We're addressing part of the problem right now. Good suggestions, though. Most likely, the solution will include providing some sort of detection for blocking within the SDK and allow devs to handle from that point accordingly.

6. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Good to hear (read) that. I will probably try Unity Ads in my next game :)

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity Technologies

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions integration wise.

I put together a small demo project built around a helper script that should serve as a good example for how to implement Unity Ads. Feel free to repurpose any part of the code in your own project.

8. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I got it working, but only in test mode. I didn't get any ads when not being in test mode. I always get this:

UNITY ADS: CAMPAIGNS FETCH FAILED!

And the question is: is the fill rate that much related to location? Or should I be looking for something else in the logs?

I know it probably is and I know how to handle that problem, but I need to be sure.

9. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity Technologies

Location does factor into fill, but is negligible for most of the English speaking world.

Are you using Unity, or are you developing natively for iOS? You want to make sure you check that ads are ready first before attempting to show them. You also want to give Unity Ads time to finish initializing before showing an ad.

In Unity, you only need to call Advertisement.isReady() before the Advertisement.Show() method. However, if you are specifying a zone when you call Show() you need to specify it with isReady() as well.

When developing in Xcode, you need to check that you canShow and canShowAds. The canShow method checks that the zone is ready, while the canShowAds method checks that an ad is available and ready.

konsnos likes this.
  10. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I'm using Unity. I tried your helper script and everything is OK. I don't get ads from iAd in Poland too so I'm used to it. I checked it on Android though. I'm going with a basic solution for this:

if(unityAdsOK && unityAdsRequestTime > veryLongTime && !Advertisement.isReady()){
    requestAdmobAd();
    StartCoroutine("showAdmobWhenReady");
    }

11. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I got Unity Ads working on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixelperfectdude.universeescape

But I can't get it working on iOS. I get the "UnityAds.h: file not found" error. I'm using Unity5 and latest XCode. I downloaded the plugin from Asset Store. I don't know much about XCode, basically all the stuff I've been using (like prime31 plugins) worked after clicking "Build & Run". I uploaded the Admob version and I'm waiting for review, but I want to upload a fixed version with Unity Ads ASAP ;) Any ideas what is wrong?

12. fedecaccia

fedecaccia

can i use admob and unity -ads together in the same game?

13. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity Technologies

Yes, you can implement multiple ad networks in the same game.

14. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

15. DanglingNeuron

DanglingNeuron

No on iOS you cannot mix Admob plugin and UnityAds plugin. When you have the Admob plugin in your iOS game, the UnityAds.h notfound and linker issues come in during xCode compile. I have tested this on both Unity 4.6.x and Unity 5.x.

So currently I have iAd and UnityAds in my iOS release. On android everything works ok, so I use Admob and UnityAds.

16. CrywolfDigital

CrywolfDigital

@DanglingNeuron

So there is no way to have both UnityAds and AdMob togehter ? Are you sure there isnt some workaround that ? i was planning on having UnityAds, Admob and Chartboost.

17. DanglingNeuron

DanglingNeuron

I am a noob in the Mac/iOS world, so i dont know but i wasted a week on this. finally I decided to keep UnityAds and iAd only. Someone from UnityAds needs to look into this and fix this.

18. ObOberon

ObOberon

Any updates on this problem? I tried to integrate both Unity Ads and Admob to my game, but unfortunately it doesn't work. :(

19. xdf

xdf

20. zuanzike

zuanzike

Happy_Jacky likes this.
  21. Happy_Jacky

Happy_Jacky

Hi zuanzike,
    Congratulations on your success!
    May I know how many downloads is your game having now to make that amount of money in 10 days?

22. zuanzike

zuanzike

Thank you,Happy_Jacky
    till Nov 2,the downloads is 2068

kidastudio and Happy_Jacky like this.
  23. Happy_Jacky

Happy_Jacky

Thanks for your reply! And wish you all the best!

24. jameschens1

jameschens1

25. p5games

p5games

No PayPal or Bitcoin withdraw so I need to search other ad company.

26. EliteCommander

EliteCommander

27. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

WARNING for anybody that want to use AdMob!
    Don't do it. I've been doing it for few years right now. You never know what the RPM will be. The drop few weeks ago basically makes no sense. But lets just consider that it happened. That's not the worst part. The Match Rate for banner is now 40%!!! In normal countries. This combined with the RPM drop is like 75% revenue drop. And it happened in few days. And now the worst part. NO SUPPORT AT ALL!!! They don't respond to messages. I got one reply saying that it is normal after Christmas. Well it's not. Never happened before. If they're saying that everything is OK, they're basically saying that they are not able to provide ad units for people to earn money.

My only advice for anybody considering going with AdMob is to spend a few days and go with something else. Try maybe rewarded ads from Unity or something similar.

28. Mino92

Mino92

I was just thinking which use, thanks a lot!