Search Unity

Unity3D crashes and network problem with IPV6

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Tx, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Tx

Tx

Hello,
    We have a show stopping bug with IPV6 and L2CPP compilation.
    We use Unity 4.7.2 and 5.3.5p7

We use the function ReceiveFrom ( ReceiveFrom(m_receiveBuffer, 0,m_receiveBuffer.Length, SocketFlags.None, ref m_senderRemote); ) and the last parameter is the reference to the RemoteAddress of the sender. The problem is that with L2CPP the data is corrupted (the IP we should get is 64:ff9b::25bb:880d but we are receiving 2b16:64:ff9b::25bb%3464). In Mono2.x compilation mode all works fine.

As I said above, this bug is show stopping since seems we have no way to recover the missing data and it's obviously a very low level bug in the L2CPP module.

We would like to know an ETA for the fixing of this flaw.
    Thanks.

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Tx

Thanks for reporting this issue. We have corrected it internally, and we're planning to have it available in the 5.3.6p1 release of Unity, which is scheduled to be out on July 27.

Do you need this in the 4.7.x series as well though? At the moment we're not planning any more 4.7.x patch releases, but we may be able to do something.

Tx likes this.
  3. Tx

Tx

Hello thank for your answer!
    We are in the midst of an update of our app for Apple Store so we are a bit reluctant to upgrade to Unity 5.x now (even if it's planned). We would really love to see a so important fix pushed to the 4.7.x line not only for our product but for all the other games that are going to have big problems if they use any socket library. I hope you can help us!
    Thank you again!

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Tx

Thanks, I'll see what we can do about back porting this fix to 4.7.x then.

5. StevePro

StevePro

Hi Josh - we are also experiencing this issue on the latest 4.7.2 Unity for IPv6 requirement from Apple built with scripting backend IL2CPP. I see there hasn't been an update to this (or similar threads) for a couple months nor do I see any patched versions of Unity 4.7.2. Therefore, could you please advise if the IL2CPP fix for socket.ReceiveFrom() has been backported to 4.7.2 and if/when a patch will be released accordingly.
    NB: we are still using Xcode 6.4 but I don't think this should make any difference.
    Thanks

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@StevePro

We do have a special version of 4.7.2 available with the fix for this issue. We've not published it publicly yet, but I'll contact you privately with the details.