Search Unity

Unity WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload or UnityWebRequest.GetAssetBundle is nightmare for 2017

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by BoboShu, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BoboShu

BoboShu

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Can you elaborate on this one? Can you show the code you use for it?

And what issues do you have with 2017.x?

3. BoboShu

BoboShu

i use old version (5.5.2) build assetbundle. and build on ios.
    when i upgrade the unity version. and rebuild the assetbundle .
    i got crc mismatch error

request = UnityWebRequest.GetAssetBundle(url, m_AssetBundleManifest.GetAssetBundleHash(assetBundleName), GetCRC(assetBundleName));

res:
    https://gm.aliother.com/asset/3/AssetBundles/iOS/audio_ui_onclick
    https://gm.aliother.com/asset/3/AssetBundles/iOS/audio_ui_onclick.manifest

here is the Log

Error while downloading Asset Bundle: CRC Mismatch. Provided f81515b1, calculated 85e60b08 from data. Will not load AssetBundle 'https://gm.aliother.com/asset/3/AssetBundles/iOS/audio_ui_onclick'

4162131377 == f81515b1;

where is the 85e60b08? I Clear the All cache , i not use . i redownload all assetbundle . it also crcmimatch.

i have to del my build on my phone .

4. rockpower

rockpower

i have the same problem...that my code

using (WWW www = WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload(downloadUrl, version))
    {
    yield return www;
    if (www.error != null)
    {
    throw new Exception("WWW download:" + www.error);
    }
    AssetBundleRef abRef = new AssetBundleRef(url, version);
    abRef.assetBundle = www.assetBundle;
    dictAssetBundleRefs.Add(keyName, abRef);
    www.Dispose();
    //www = null;
    }

in Unity 5.5.1 is work right, but in Unity 2017.1.0f3...the www has error...

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00028] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17

5. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

I believe we fixed this bug in patch release. Try checking for error like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(www.error))

6. rockpower

rockpower

thanks......but there are still error, i found it come from the line
    using (WWW www = WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload(downloadUrl, version))

NullReferenceException: UnityWebRequest has already been destroyed
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest:GetDownloadHandler ()
    at UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest.DisposeHandlers () [0x0000e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\modules\UnityWebRequest\WebRequestBindings.gen.cs:173
    at UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest.Dispose () [0x00002] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\modules\UnityWebRequest\WebRequestBindings.gen.cs:161
    at UnityEngine.WWW.Dispose () [0x00007] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\WebRequestWWW\UWRWWW.cs:238
    at FireflyLib.File.AssetBundleManager+<DownloadAssetBundle>c__Iterator0.<>__Finally0 () [0x00011] in D:\Work\MiniCraft2017\client\MiniCraft\Assets\Scripts\FireflyLib\File\AssetBundleManager.cs:75

i check the asset file is indeed inside the folder, then i clear and rebuild all AssetBundle for many times, but the problem is still......:(
    the error only found in Unity 2017.1.0f3.......i change to Unity 5.5.1, everything right=.=

7. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

I believe this error with dispose is fixed in latest versions of Unity. You are probably calling Dispose() on a WWW object, that is in using block (meaning it calls Dispose() automatically for you). There was a bug where you would get exception when disposing WWW object twice.

ramioooz likes this.