Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity won't download collab. project on certain PC

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by NuhNuh, Jan 10, 2017.

1. NuhNuh

NuhNuh

Hello,

A project we have hosted in Unity Collab won't download on one particular PC we use. This is using Unity itself to pull down the project from the open project window's cloud tab.

Unity downloads the project fine on my main PC, and the other dev can download the project no problems. But there's one PC we use that is unable to download the project.

Unity shows the project on the "In the Cloud" tab, but when Unity goes to download it, the "Update" window with the progress bar never moves. After a few hours(!) it eventually times out, I've attached a screenshot of when that happens.

I've tried deleting the project first (so Unity will bring down a fresh copy), same problem happens. Since it only affects this PC (the other dev can get the project fine, and I can download it fine on another PC), I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Unity. That didn't help either, but I have my doubts that Unity fully uninstalls since it remembered my login details when it reinstalled.

I'm grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Ps, we are using version 5.5.0f3.

Attached Files:

2. PCenrich

PCenrich

I am also having issues access my project.
    My project was built on a Mac and I need to continue my work on a PC. with the help of the amazing @ryanc-unity I was finally able to upload the project to collaborate

When I attempt to access it under the "In the Cloud" and save the project locally the Unity editor launches, spends a tremendous time downloading the assets( which appear in the assets window) but the scene still is empty.

I am still new to unity and hoping that I'm just missing a step!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @NuhNuh! I'm sorry you're having such issues downloading your project onto this particular machine. Would you mind running Unity using the "-enableCollabEventLogs" command line argument and then looking in your Editor logs for any errors? Have you double checked if that machine has any firewalls running that might be getting in the way?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hey there @PCenrich! I'm sorry that your scene isn't loading properly. If you'd like, you can submit a support ticket in the Collab section of the Developer Dashboard and one of our support engineers would be happy to get you sorted out. :)