Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Web Player Is Installed But Is Not Working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FanboyStudios, Apr 26, 2016.

1. FanboyStudios

FanboyStudios

I have been trying to play Contract Wars, a Facebook Game and it does not load. Other unity web player games work (now not anymore) and the problem seems to be on my system. I am a newbie dev and a newbie unity dev, so please don't tell me to clear cache or things like that as i've already tried them. How can I do a complete uninstall? (all unity web player files should be deleted, but leave my unity web editor alone) as from what i understand some files remain.

2. dormouse

dormouse

make sure you have installed your unity web player plugin.
    right click on your web browser, choose 'run as administrator' then take a look at the webpage made by Unity.

3. Mauri

Mauri

1. Forget the Webplayer. Unity does not plan to support it any further. WebGL is the future.
    2. If you're using Chrome: it won't work anymore, because Google deprecated NPAPI long time ago. You could try using Firefox (although Mozilla has similar plans to unsupport NPAPI), Opera...
    3. Uninstalling the Webplayer Plug-in for web browsers does not interfere with the Unity Editor. Just uninstall it like you would normally uninstall a software.

4. FanboyStudios

FanboyStudios

1. Is not an option Contract Wars on Facebook requires Unity Web Player.
    2. Opera is now a Chrome Clone... Updated it and websites now see opera as Chrome. :(

5. Mauri

Mauri

That's the fault of the 'Contract Wars' developers, then. Unity Technologies is only providing the tool (Unity Editor) for other game developers who wants to make games. Try Firefox - NPAPI plug-ins are still working there.

6. FanboyStudios

FanboyStudios

https://unity3d.com/webplayer/setup works fine... game still doesn't load.
    Firefox don't work wit Facebook Contract Wars, however it does with Miniclip Contract Wars. My Facebook CW is my main with almost every gun in the game $200-$300 worth of weaponry.

7. Mau-

Mau-

Working just on CHROME, S*** browser.

8. DeathOpsMama

DeathOpsMama

IE browser still works with Contract Wars, but the view/zoom in or out feature does not help it to be viewable, it appears to view too large on my screen, I have to use "Full screen" in order to view it correctly. But I sure wish someone would fix Unity and Firefox so they would work together. I have even tried turning off the security feature on Firefox that is built in. grrrrrrrrrrr

9. DamianDD04

DamianDD04

I play pixel warfare 3 and i updated Firefox and it say that i need unity web player i already downloaded it and it did work but i got to permissions and i cant find unity web player so i try re-downloading and its still not there need help :(

10. dastardly56

dastardly56

11. Imtyaz

Imtyaz

12. IzzyTheProducer

IzzyTheProducer

The reason it may not be working on mozilla in 2018 is because you have to install mozilla ESR 50.0 and then turn off automatic updates by
    *Going to the options panel
    *Go to "Advanced" tab
    *Go to the "Updates"tab
    *Turn off Automatic updates
    And you're all set!
    for some odd reason it stops working on mozilla 60.0, and then starts asking to you download and install mozilla an infinite amount of times. Hope this helped, good luck!

13. rkdnsam

rkdnsam

For good or for bad.... Unity Web Player still works on Internet Explorer 11 (Operating System=Windows 10)