Search Unity

Unity UI Screenshots

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Tim-C, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

I just finished the "Photosynthesis Art Catalogue" for the current exhibition of art movement Tropism at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. Created entirely in Unity UI. Available for iOS and Android.
    IMG_0072.PNG

2. yudixiaok

yudixiaok

Cool ! It's exactly what i'm looking for . can you share your idea? thanks a lot!

3. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 20.36.44.png
    Basically I create a separate canvas for every type of screen. The main types being: the index, a title screen (you can see those in the screenshot), a picture screen (you can see that one in the original screenshot at the beginning of the post.
    Some less important screens such as a help screen, a colofon and a languages screen. You can see all the types in the hierarchy in the screenshot.
    All of those screens are stored as prefabs and all of them load some of the parts dynamically (texts, pictures, colours, video's) at the time they are instantiated. They are always instantiated of screen and once they are completed they scroll into view while the currently visible screen scrolls off screen. Once off screen the object that represents the previous screen is destroyed. You can see the index screen and a title screen midway through a transition in the screenshot above.
    The information necessary for the dynamic parts comes from a long list of data I typed in. Using a switch statement I write the necessary info out using playerPrefs as the very first thing when a new title screen is selected. Using playerPrefs allows easy access from anywhere in the code. I am sure I could have done that part better but at the time I was looking for a quick solution rather then an elegant. :)

4. codered

codered

Anything you learned from doing that that you didn't expect?

5. Tomer-Barkan

Tomer-Barkan

Scrollable research tree (WIP), that is dynamicallly created in runtime (so I don't need to manually change it every time I change my research definitions...)

One challenge was calculating the graph so that it is displayed in a visually comfortable way, and arrows don't cut each other or other researches.

Second big challenge was placing the icons... Rotating them was fairly easy, but positioning them given two RectTransforms, was not simple at all.

upload_2015-10-3_16-8-31.png

6. solkar

solkar

Last weekend I was playing around with some vertex shaders on UI elements.

[Left Top] barrel distortion pixel shader
    [Left Bottom] barrel distortion vertex shader
    [Right Top] Tessellated UI/Image + mapped to sinus vertex shader
    [Right Bottom] Tessellated UI/Image + barrel distortion vertex shader

Sinus mapping animated

7. MichelAlonso

MichelAlonso

My first menu for my car game, trying to use triangles shapes on selection items.

Avalin, starikcetin, Carwashh and 6 others like this.
  8. KnightRiderGuy

KnightRiderGuy

I have a project I am working on for my Knight Industries Project where I am using Unity with Arduino to create a dash software that can activate devices inside of the car through the interface and also receive data from sensors to trigger K.I.T.T. like events. Here is just one of the many videos that demo some of what I am trying to work on.

Cromfeli, solkar and Kane C Hart like this.
  9. Shadowing

Shadowing

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  10. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

02 Instruments SoaringSimulator.jpg View attachment 177970
    My first User Interface screenshot is a voice radio chat push to talk. So much fun.
    Thx Unity!

Ps: Images are screenshots render in real-time in game.

01 Coding Radio .jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    GibTreaty and KnightRiderGuy like this.
  11. Zaflis

Zaflis

I have something different to show, more about the workflow itself with Unity UI. I like keeping whole game in 1 scene, and laying all the windows out there. They just have a script that disables and moves them to 0,0,0 at the beginning. Also planning a better transition script. All of them are under same canvas aswell in the hierarchy. Assuming that is beneficial for performance, instead of having more canvases.

Unity_UI.jpg

12. Clockworkelements

Clockworkelements

I am interested in using the unity UI! :)

13. malek8

malek8

14. jorisshh

jorisshh

15. tani41

tani41

How to Weapon Selection Menu like Hitman Blood Money UI Weapon Selection Menu?

16. laggyluk

laggyluk

Tabster - music creation tool. Draw calls are making me sad.. 30fps on older devices doing nothing but gui updates

17. Omni_Owl

Omni_Owl

My UI Looks so not impressive by comparison to this thread ;_;

18. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Hi! How did you get to use custom meshes in UnityUI? Since the Image component is just two triangles vertex deform is not possible. I really need a more dense mesh for UnityUI components in one project that i'm working on, so guide me sir ;)

19. solkar

solkar

This is a pretty old thing (v5.2 I reckon) and the last time I checked it wasn't working due to some changes on how to access the vertex on UI introduced on v5.3. If you're interested I might review it to make it work with v5.4 and I guess I could make a tutorial.

20. CogumeloSoft

CogumeloSoft

Sure! It would be great ;)
    Or at least post a example file that we can study about it
    Thanks solkar!

solkar likes this.
  21. Ironmax

Ironmax

Re-sizeable windows, draggable, sliders. 1x Canvas (ScreenSpace-Overlay and Pixpel perfect ) . Unity 5.3.5f1 Performance is excellent.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    GibTreaty likes this.
  22. TheWanderingBen

TheWanderingBen

Making a game that is completely UI based and relies heavily on masks. Here's a very early preview:

23. solkar

solkar

Exquisite design

fffMalzbier and TheWanderingBen like this.
  24. tomglenn

tomglenn

Currently working on an Asset Store Package to replicate the mobile Off-Canvas Menu elements that you see in apps such as Inbox, Hangouts, MyFitnessPal etc. With all the native interactions such as hamburger menu, slide on, slide off, pre-emptive open/close (where you only have to drag it partially on/off screen for it to understand your intention and finish the interaction for you) etc. Version 1 is currently being reviewed for the Asset Store.

upload_2016-10-13_11-31-1.png

Full demo here:

I'm using this in an upcoming mobile game built entirely in Unity UI. (A sort of text-based RPG)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  25. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

We're developing a cross platform mobile locative audio tour, VR & quest game app for a UK heritage site.
    The app utilises real world BLE Gimbal beacons to locate the user and provide them with content.

We had originally thought we'd develop a Cordova app.
    We chose to use Unity because of the cross platform delivery, the ability to use our artwork via SVG Importer & to make creating the 3D/AR portion of the app more robust.

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Showcase of pixel perfect scaling in my game, game is rendered at 480 x 320 resolution at all times, and then scaled up to fit the window while maintaining aspect ratio.

Some more stuff here : popcron.tumblr.com

27. Nicola-Castellani

Nicola-Castellani

Hi to all, this is an example UI I've maded for a project:

Check this out, any feedback will be appreciated!

Cheers!

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

29. super-peppermint

super-peppermint

30. Ravel

Ravel

I have a question to you guys. Hows the performance with your Unity when developing the UI?

I am experiencing very poor performance lately, every time my UI gets more than 10 transforms, the performance drops like mad. Right now I'm at a state where I have to wait 5 mins after I have made a change to the ui and 5 mins when I play the project.

This is extremely frustrating! I am running on 16gb's of ram a i7 and on a SSD harddrive.
    Is Unity backing up (uploading projects) every time I make a change? Because I know that unity kindly wants your project every time it crashes.

31. Ironmax

Ironmax

try to removed PixelPefect

32. yasirkula

yasirkula

Hosnkobf, Julien_at_work and Circool like this.
  33. Circool

Circool

yasirkula likes this.
  34. yasirkula

yasirkula

It's a demo for some of my Asset Store assets. I've mentioned these assets in the Credits tab.

35. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Was a dead birth from the beginning. No one wants to uncover his work and creativity so other ppl would copy this simply. Professionals are also under NDA.

36. cxode

cxode

I'm proud of my color picker UI!

upload_2020-10-29_7-21-48.png

AlanMattano and Greg-Bassett like this.