Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Remote

Discussion in 'Linux' started by veganjay, Aug 23, 2016.

1. veganjay

veganjay

Has anyone gotten Unity Remote working?

I'm running the Unity Editor on Linux and Unity Remote 5 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android phone.

USB is working; I have the Android tools installed and can use "adb shell" to access my device.
    But, when I try to run my scene, it does not show up on the Android device.

I wonder if this is a known issue, or if I am missing something.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. Tak

Tak

Yes, Unity Remote should work (although I haven't tried since the version update to "Unity Remote 5").

3. Joe-Abd-Halim

Joe-Abd-Halim

Hi,

I'm having the same problem where only the title bar of the game window will show on the Android device but not the game itself (only grey ouput). Is there any specific jpeg or png library or perhaps some compression library that we should be aware of that should be installed on our Linux box? I am using Fedora (Fedora 24) and IIRC Ubuntu is using a different version of jpeg library than Fedora's, but then changing the image format to png still didn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

4. UltraParadigm

UltraParadigm

Same here. I can control the game, but I have to guess where the button are cause the image doesn't show up. I'm using Ubuntu and Engine version 5.4.0p1

5. Voicu

Voicu

Same dark background with working game input on Android 6.0.1, Fedora 24, latest Unity Remote 5. Tried from both Unity 5.4.0p1 and 5.4.1f1.