1. Enter the Microsoft Developer Challenge for a chance to win prizes. Read more about it here.
  2. Enter the Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe. Read more about it here.
  3. Unity 5.5 is now released.
  4. Become a closed-alpha partner on the new Facebook games platform. Read more about it here.
  5. Get early access to our Google Daydream Technical preview. Click here for more details!

Unity package downloads

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RHD, Jun 24, 2009.

1. RHD

RHD

I know this is dumb of me but how do the Unity package downloads that are all over this forum work?

If I click the link I get a load of script. (first image below) If I right click and save linked file as, I just get a load of folders with weird numbers that neither I nor Unity seen to know what to do with when I try and download them. (other images below)

For example this one:http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic....er=asc&highlight=rain+particle+system&start=0

(bottom image below)

How do I use this? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

unity packages are imported in the unity editor

3. Tempest

Tempest

What operating system are you using? Is it auto-expanding the archives, or are you opening the unitypackages manually?

4. JayCally

JayCally

I've had this issue on my iMac G5 running OS X 10.5.7. Don't double click the zips, control click it and open with Stuffit Expander.

5. RHD

RHD

I'm on a Mac and I still get the folders I don't know what to do with with Stuffit Expander.

Thanks.

6. RHD

RHD

Import Assets in the Editor can't see the files. If I drag and drop I get them into the Editor but they aren't any use. Are supposed to go somewhere else?

Attached Files:

7. RHD

RHD

It's a Safari thing.

Use Firefox and all works fine.