Search Unity

Unity Networking Live Mode

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by toth3max, Apr 19, 2017.

1. toth3max

toth3max

According to the advanced calculator for Unity Networking my current project would cost about $21.11 / month to run. It's very little network traffic going over the wire (176B/sec). When I go to the admin panel to take the project live I cannot submit a request that utilises less than 4500B/sec. This would make the estimated price go to $1451.13 / month.

Feels wrong to configure the project totally wrong to be able to submit the go live request. Anyone else had a problem with this?

2. robochase

robochase

I noticed that too. I think they'll only charge for what you actually use so probably no worries there? You may want to reach out to unity to confirm

3. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

Yes, the price is just an estimation, you will only be charged for what you actually use. The only difference with going lower than 4500 is that you would get disconnected from the relays if you go over your intended 176 B/s limit. If you stay lower then the bill would be the same ($21 per month like you estimated).

Since right now you don't get explicit callbacks or anything when you go over the relay limit and just get disconnected (adding this is on the todo list) we've set the lower limit to be fixed at the default 4500 B/s bandwidth. You can still get it manually set lower by contacting multiplayer@unity3d.com if you still really want it.