Search Unity

Unity merge manifest error

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by TobyKaos, Jan 27, 2017.

1. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Hello unity cloud build do not managed to build because of manifest merge and conflict between targetSdkVersion of Android.

If I compil localy then that work.

Unity version: 5.5.0p4

Source control: Git

Local build platform: Windows 10 build Android

Build target:Android

I use some plugins: Fabric, FacebookSDK, xtralife SDK, Google Analytics

It is in manifest files of Xtralife SDK that targetSDKVersion does not match but I cannot modify it. It is .aar files

2. liortal

liortal

Your main manifest has set the targetSDK to 24, but another library (Cotc.PushNotifications and Cotc.InAppPurchase) set it to 25.

Do you have a main manifest in your project (under Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml) ?

If you don't have one, i believe that the target SDK is set according to the minSDK version (the one you choose under Player settings). You should make sure that all libraries and your main manifest set it to the same value, otherwise these merge issues occur (Unity cannot figure out which is the correct value to use).

3. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Yes, but when I build locally Unity 5.5.0p4 do the job. The manifest is not accessible because builtin .aar file. it is a 3rd party.
    Then Unity should use latest targetSdkVersion as on local build. I build with build-tools 25 but on Unity Cloud build-tools is 23.
    I think build-tools 23 of Android SDK is the problem.

4. liortal

liortal

There are 2 things you could do:

1. Check out the log from your cloud build (full log). It should mention the version of the android tools it picks up when executing in the cloud. Compare that with the log when you're running locally to see the difference.

2. Once you understand why the merge issue occurs (tools version in cloud vs. local), manually set the target sdk to whatever you want to see if it has any effect.

Note: If you need my consultation on this, you can always contact me via the link in my signature below.

5. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Thank you liortal. I am testing with a simple app without 3rd party plugin. Ok compil well.
    Now I add the 3rd party plugin I have a compil error in the cloud.

I have tried with the exact same configuration locally (Build-tools 23.0.2 and Unity 5.5.0p4) and that works. In cloud not.

And I have another error now on the cloud: shader compiler error because unsupported shader (
    VR/SpatialMapping/Wireframe) ... I have no shader in my test project. I will look at this error on the forum.
    Edit: know issue: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u...ported-pass-pass-has-no-vertex-shader.444058/

I think cloud is not really fully usable. Sometimes on another game I made build failed. I restart it and build complete.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  6. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Ok I think I understand why.

Logs:

Unity Cloud Build use Android API level 24 (7.0). 3Rd party plugin use API Level 25 (7.1.1) the latest Android API. Locally I have this API installed but in the cloud I think not.

7. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

API Level 25 isn't currently installed in Unity Cloud Build. We will get that updated.

8. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Android 7.1.1 (API 25) should now be available.

9. TobyKaos

TobyKaos

Great dannyd. By the way I have ask to 3rd party plugin I used to not include sdkTargetVersion is their .aar and his solve the issue.
    Thank you for the update to.

10. Gurosoft

Gurosoft

And how did do that? :S I have the same problem :(