Search Unity

Unity/IOS/ & Wireless controller

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fralewis, Mar 22, 2017.

1. fralewis

fralewis

Good afternoon,

Complete noob here. I have made a simple scene whereby I am able to move a box with a Nimbus wireless controller on my Mac laptop. (3d using Google VR Legacy) When I port it over to my iphone7 the image works fine in 3d but the wireless controller has no effect. My phone settings recognize that the controller is paired. Do I have to call the controller with code?

I searched the archives and couldn't find a clear explanation or at least one that made sense to me.

Thanks, hope that this is in the right place.

Frank

2. Carwashh

Carwashh

3. fralewis

fralewis

Read that article and tried copying the code, but evidently I wasn't putting it in the right place, as Unity kept telling me I had errors. Where should that code go - and attached to what object?Just to clarify, everything works fine on the laptop. After porting to Iphone the wireless control gives me nothing even though I have an app that shows that the iphone is actually reading the controller outside of the Unity game. Tried loading GameController.framework, GameKit.framework and GameplayKit.framework into Xcode as another site recommended but still nothing. Even tried running the game as a non-3d, still worked on laptop, nothing on iphone. Did another quick game using a first person controller moving around and got the exact same results.

Thanks again for helping the newbie.

AngieReyes likes this.
  4. AngieReyes

AngieReyes

I am trying to do the same thing, I don't know where to put the code and where to attach either, can somebody give some direction on this? TIA

5. shaofent

shaofent

Hi fralewis, have you fixed the problem in the end? My project encounts the same problem now.