Search Unity

Unity crashes on project load when "Importing Small Assets"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Picklefall1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Picklefall1

Picklefall1

I made some bone changes to an fbx file in my Unity project that ended up causing an error message "Number of bind poses doesn't match the number of bones in skinned mesh". So, I made a few changes that I think should have fixed that error and still kept getting the error. So then I tried reimporting just that asset. Still no dice. Then I tried reimporting all assets. 10 hours later, Unity was still stuck on "Importing Small Assets". So I stopped the Unity.exe process in Task Manager, tried loading the project again, and then Unity crashed shortly after getting to the "Importing Small Assets" portion of the startup. This happened under Unity 4.0.0 and so I upgraded to 4.0.1 and tried again. Still getting the same crash. I can open other Unity projects just fine, though.

I'm running Unity Pro on a Windows 7 machine. I've got GameDraw, Tidy Tile Mapper, and ORK imported into this project. I would attach the project zip file here but it's too large (almost 500MB).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Picklefall1

Picklefall1

I got an answer on this from Unity Support:

I deleted out the GameDraw files from my project and it loads just fine now. I've informed Mixed Dimensions of this and hopefully they'll release a fix for this soon.

3. Picklefall1

Picklefall1

The surest way to know exactly which files came from GameDraw (or any plugin) is to go to that page of the Unity Asset Store. You'll find a folder hierarchy of all the folders and files included by that plugin. Then all you have to do is find all those files in your project and delete them.

4. Aadharsahni

Aadharsahni

I found the solution. Let me know if anyone needs help.

5. zhouhongyu

zhouhongyu

help me please

Unity 2017.3.1 win10

6. FadeUP

FadeUP

Heyy, I have the same issue. Today in the morning my partner uploaded the project to collaborate and I wanted to download it. But now I cant open the project anymore. When I am trying to open the project I see all the sprites and stuff that unity loads, and just before unity is finished, unity imports the "last small assets" and then it crashes and the bug report opens. If anybody know pls help, I really need to finish this project for my school

7. Saquib21

Saquib21

Help me Please

8. sliferZ

sliferZ

Why even bother saying you found your solution if you wont say what the damn thing was. F*** you for real.