Search Unity

Unity Crashes, No Error Logs, Requires Restart

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SirSamuelJoseph, Jun 26, 2017.

1. SirSamuelJoseph

SirSamuelJoseph

I've been having an error recently with my Unity application. Occasionally, the program will freeze crash. After this, we will be unable to start another instance of the Unity application. When we go to the task manager, it shows a process (either Unity.exe or the built application) that we are unable to close. When we try to end the process tree, nothing happens.

This presents quite an issue, and there are no error logs or errors in the Unity editor. We're having a lot of trouble identifying the issue- is anyone else having this?

Thank you

2. jason-vreps

jason-vreps

I am suffering from this ~5-6 times a day. The worst part is, on reboot, my computer stays silent for about 12-min rebooting, unless I hard-crash it, and power down while it's rebooting.

It literally happens at random. Sometimes I use Unity for 3 hrs straight. Earlier today, I opened Unity, clicked on a file, and didnt see the file focus change. It had crashed within 5s of opening. AFTER a 10 minute reboot, and I was on-track for another 10 minutes reboot within 5s of using the software. It is starting to drastically effect productivity..

3. jason-vreps

jason-vreps

Found my personal issue with this: I unplugged my Oculus headset HDMI cable and USB3.0 cable (just for the headset). Found some other forums that cited this as a cause, and it turned out to be the cause for me. After unplugging, in most cases Unity "un-stuck" itself. If it didn't, I could close the process in task manager. No longer did I have to restart my computer.