Search Unity

Unity command line doesn't find android sdk

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WiLLyRS, Dec 18, 2012.

1. WiLLyRS

WiLLyRS

Hi, I've got a problem using unity3d command line for building an android apk..
    I'm using Jenkins to manage the building and to see the unity3d output.
    My problem is that Unity doesn't find my android-sdk and the building seems go in an endless loop with a "detecting android-sdk.." output.
    My unity preferences are set up well, because if I build with Unity3d opened everything build and runs well.. Is there a way to specify the android sdk directory in the command line or via code?

I also looked for the unity path in the windows register and the androidsdk path is correct... I'm running windows 7 and I have another jenkins istance installed on a Mac with another copy of Unity that works fine.. The only difference from the two command lines are the "-nographics" added in the windows version.. because of that I have no idea of what could be wrong, someone has an hint?

turfur likes this.
  2. Churs

Churs

Have the same problem:
    I use Jenkins ver. 1.493, Unity3D 4.0 on Windows 7 64 bit

Have no idea how to fix it.

3. WiLLyRS

WiLLyRS

Nobody? :(

4. Churs

Churs

I try to do the same task with Unity 3.5 (Windows 7 64 bit) - everything works fine...

5. WiLLyRS

WiLLyRS

Yes, it's correct because everything works fine if I compile it from Unity itself..

Did you change something in your settings or it worked as-is?

6. C4MProdDev

C4MProdDev

7. raphaelbaldi

raphaelbaldi

I'm experiencing the same issue on MacOS 10.8 + Unity 4.1.5 + TeamCity. My command line is:
    /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -batchmode -quit -projectPath %teamcity.build.checkoutDir% -executeMethod ProjectBuilder.DeployAndroid

If I build from inside the Editor everything works fine, but calling it from TeamCity (through command line) Unity asks me for the location for the android sdk, rendering the automate build useless as I have to be checking into it from time to time.

8. Vedad

Vedad

Any updates on this problem? Using Unity 4.3.1f1 is still prompting for the Android SDK every time it's run from command line.

9. Rom7Nains

Rom7Nains

10. Vedad

Vedad

Hey everybody, just in case someone runs into this the future, I found the solution to this problem here:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/495735/setting-android-sdk-path-in-environment-variable.html

I created a new class with this exact code
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. public static class AndroidSDKFolder
    5. {
    6.     public static string Path
    7.     {
    8.         get { return EditorPrefs.GetString("AndroidSdkRoot"); }
    9.         set { EditorPrefs.SetString("AndroidSdkRoot", value); }
    10.     }
    11. }
    I set the property when the automated build is triggered right before Unity starts it's build player process. Hope this helps!

11. turfur

turfur

offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

12. turfur

turfur

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/Users/Cengiz Ve Ailesi/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk\tools\aapt.exe', CommandLine='package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "C:/Users/Cengiz Ve Ailesi/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk\platforms\android-20\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_', CurrentDirectory='Temp/StagingArea'

error boring

13. turfur

turfur

14. jimihay

jimihay

Excellent. Thank you! I was beating my head against the wall and then found this :)

15. yanhui

yanhui

16. WiktorCal

WiktorCal

It works like a charm.

Thanks!

17. Skeldal

Skeldal

18. starikcetin

starikcetin

In addition, see all the relevant environment variables here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/46976475/6301627