Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Collaborate and Asset Store Asset Restrictions

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PowerMan, Jul 16, 2017.

1. PowerMan

PowerMan

It's wonderful to see Unity Collaborate being offered now.

However, i have some concerns about using the various asset store assets that i own in a project that i would like to create for a team to collaborate on. I am very confused about the legal side of using asset store assets in a unity collaborate project.

So here are three related questions...

1) Can I use the various asset store assets (Editor Extensions and Non-Editor Extensions) that i own in a Unity Collaborate project with other remote team members without the remote team members also owning their own legal copy of the asset store assets that i own?

1a) Does the asset store end user eula say no to #1 in sections 2.3 and 2.4?

2) If #1's answer is "No" then does each remote team member need to buy his/her own legal copy of the asset store assets (Editor Extensions and Non-Editor Extensions) that i also have brought, so that they can legally collaborate using Unity Collaborate?

Thanks for clarifying this for me,
    PM

2. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Most all Asset store products are licensed per seat. That means that each other person working with you needs to have their own license for the asset in most all cases. Unity Collaborate has nothing to do with it.