Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Cloud Build - Failed to check out

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by intermarum, May 22, 2017.

1. intermarum

intermarum

Hello!

We're using Unity Cloud Build for several of our projects and we unfortunately have to use an external SVN server for them, with no option to configure it ourselves - we have no idea why exactly this happens as we're unable to debug server logs on our side, but we receive errors while trying to build our project: Failed to check out <svn address>. We suspect this is a matter of Cloud Build trying to download the whole repository every time and our server, for some ungodly reason, refuses to do so.

For now it is not possible for us to switch SVN servers or set up our own. Could we ask for some help with regards to debugging our problem? Perhaps we could contact someone on your side for details? If the problem is indeed with trying to download the whole repository, maybe enabling local cache would help.

Best regards,
    Michał Stopa, INTERMARUM Sp. z o.o.

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

I believe I have already spoken to you on a support ticket, but please correct me if I'm wrong :)

- Sophia

3. intermarum

intermarum

Hello,

If you did, we may have not received an email regarding that, our main inbox is currently having technical problems, sorry :) .

The particular problem of failing to download our repository seems to have subsided for now, currently we are being plagued by unexplainably long build times (~4h for one project) and "1479: [Unity] Player export failed. Reason: Shader error in 'Legacy Shaders/Specular': Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process" with different built-in shaders every time. We know the Unity team is aware of the latter problem however, so the former remains as our main source of problems right now ;) .

If you have any hints regarding terribly long build times, we'd be grateful for any help.

4. Mikael-H

Mikael-H

I'm getting the same error, I think that I started getting it after upgrading from 5.6 to 5.6.2 on cloud build. did you find a workaround?

5. SophiaC

SophiaC

Please see Phil's post here for some more information: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/b...nippet-type-0-platform-5.404854/#post-3044862