1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Analytics Heatmaps: Official Thread

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by marc_tanenbaum, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Zilppuri

Zilppuri

Now I am getting the data (it seems), but running into NullReferenceException in line
    if (!datum.ContainsKey("x") || !datum.ContainsKey("y"))

in HeatmapAggregator.LoadStream()

I added simple if (datum == null) { continue; } to get rid of it. But any idea if I'm doing something wrong here?

2. ThornWoofie

ThornWoofie

Hi all! Really looking forward to using heatmaps, but unfortunately our project just updated to Unity 5.6, and I get errors when trying to install the heatmaps package. The Unity Analytics window does not appear either.

The errors:

"Assets/Editor/Heatmaps/Services/IonicGZip.cs(34,16): error CS0433: The imported type `Ionic.Zlib.GZipStream' is defined multiple times
    Assets/Editor/Heatmaps/Services/IonicGZip.cs(34,75): error CS0433: The imported type `Ionic.Zlib.CompressionMode' is defined multiple times"

Is this because of 5.6 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

3. Zilppuri

Zilppuri

4. APalomo

APalomo

Unity Technologies

That is available in the userInfo data set. It is only visible via Raw Data Export:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html

It will contain a list of our automatically generated user ids and the ID you set, so you can join that data with any data set you want to analyze.

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hey all! Quick note that you can now turn on heatmaps yourself on your dashboard config page. And, during the month of May only, we're letting everyone – regardless of license – activate heatmaps! Once activated for a project, you get to keep it forever.

Happy heatmapping!

Mangatome likes this.
  6. RezaRous

RezaRous

Hi,

I'm currently using heatmap for a project in which I want to save the whereabouts of the user every second, but when I tried sending the data through heatmap, I got a lot of data loss, and sometimes nothing is being sent from one of the test devices. I gradually reduced the frequency from every second to every 10 seconds, more data are being sent but I still have data loss, sometimes up to 60%!
    Is this something common or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

7. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Assuming no errors on your end, that's definitely a problem. If you've switched on heatmaps on the dashboard, you should be able to send an event/second with plenty of ceiling remaining. Recommend you file a support ticket, as the data loss would not be a heatmaps issue per se but rather a data issue with the Analytics service.