Search Unity

UNITY ADS 1.X AND 2.X NOT WORKING FOR IOS 10

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Ohyouknow, Sep 9, 2016.

1. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

5.4.1p3

2. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

My game also uses Unity Ads 2.X and ads stop working immediately when I turned on Limit Ad Tracking on my iPad (iOS 10). I hope Unity will roll out an update for Unity Ads very soon.

3. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

There is a 2.0.5 update. Have you tried that one?

4. Ohyouknow

Ohyouknow

I ended up switching over to admob and using mediation to run adcolony, chartboost, applovin, and unityads as a backup now. Very satisfied. Cant just sit around and wait a month for a permanent fix. Im happy either way now. If unityads stop working, I have other networks to take its place.

5. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

What's the income compared?

6. Ohyouknow

Ohyouknow

They're all different. Pretty much the way I have it set up is whichever one pays more gets played first. So far though, I feel that chartboost does, but it could vary depending on how many ads are watched and so on.

7. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

8. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Link says opted in, title in article out :p. Unity ads 2.0.5 is out btw.

9. 00christian00

00christian00

They are both correct. One is opt in to limit ad tracking, the other opt out of targeted advertising.
    When you limit ad tracking you are essentially preventing them to recognize you and they will throw random ads instead of ads tailored to your tastes.

p0w1nd likes this.
  10. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

I didn't notice the "targeted advertising" in the article. I saw an "in" and an "out"

11. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

I've upgraded to 2.0.5 (Oct 04, 2016) and it works even when Limit Ad Tracking is enabled. Cheers.

12. marc_bearman

marc_bearman

Unity Technologies

Hi @bdzmoney Glad to hear that your new setup is working :) Apologies that the fix wasn't clear for you immediately as we tried to make it very clear what you needed to do. I tagged you in my last comment but I guessed you missed that also :(

13. marc_bearman

marc_bearman

Unity Technologies

@screenname_taken Also, great to hear things are working for you. It is resolved in previous versions of 2.0.5 but it is always good practice to stay up to date with the latest version.

p0w1nd likes this.
  14. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

Hi guys,

Seems the issue appears again. Rewarded Ad in my game stops working again if Limit Ad Tracking is enabled.
    Tested on my iPad Air, iOS 10.0.2
    The game was built with Unity 4.5.2f1 and Unity Ads 2.0.5 (on Asset Store). And Unity Ads worked previously (see my post above).

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fancy-cats/id1116046099

I'm panic! :(

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  15. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

16. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Ads work on my end. Latest iOS version released publicly on iPhone SE.

17. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

@rasmus-unity @screenname_taken Thanks for the information!

@rasmus-unity: currently it's a new day at my place, I open the game and see the ad is available, I can play it once, and then it's not available again. I go into Settings->Privacy and turn off Limit Ad Tracking, then launch the game again, seeing that Ad is available, and I can play the ads 5 times already and there are still available ads to watch. Were you able to watch ads 2-3 times or more in my game?

So, I guess there may still be some problem with the way Limit Ad Tracking affects Unity Ads - I think this issue should be considered for a careful investigation. Thanks a lot!

Btw, the game was made with Unity 5.4.2f1, not Unity 4.5.2f1 (I typed wrongly in the above post).

18. thedarcsage

thedarcsage

Thank you for the clarification. I searched and found this thread. If it is clearly stated that it respects the user's settings on limiting tracking out of the box on the Unity Ads page somwhere, that might help more. If it is already there, then that's great. Thanks again :)