Search Unity

Unity 5.6.2f Android Long Loading time

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LainV0hnDyrec, Jul 22, 2017.

1. LainV0hnDyrec

LainV0hnDyrec

Hi just tried to build a demo game (5.6.2f) in Android and i noticed that it took 32 sec to load(black screen) before it reaches the Unity Splash Screen(using Personal btw)

then i tried to create an empty project and just set the Camera Color to Yellow.

and set some options to lower settings( such as Quality Simple, no shadow, no lights, microlib, set my Application frame rate to 30, VSync Count to 2, disable every component in the camera object except the camera, built it in IL2CPP, no audio, no textures.. and so on.)

and i still have a 20-30+ sec og black loading time BEFORE the unity splash screen comes up.

tried it in other phone like 4.2 to 7.0 Android versions and different phones(Sam S8 to chinese phones) with no difference.

tried to search in the web for solutions and some are useful while others are outdated already.

I just want to know how do decrease the loadtime?

what are the settings/tips that i need to do in Unity in order for it to build faster?

im ok if the loading is just 10-15 sec but a 30 sec loading time is alarming given that the project is empty. it would be fine if the long loading time is AFTER thr splash screen(meaning there is sonething in my assestd that took a lot of time to pull up) but this happends BEFORE Unity Splash comes out.