Search Unity

Unity 5.50f3 Android Storage Data Increasing Size Issue

Discussion in 'Android' started by kabinho728, Mar 27, 2017.

1. kabinho728

kabinho728

So I noticed that one of my projects was suddenly 80mb. When I checked the storage usage in android it said the base file was 40mb and it had another 40mb of Data. I cleared the Data but I've noticed that it goes up every time the app is opened by 20-100kb each time the app is opened or switched to from another app.

I made a new empty project and noticed its happening with that too. This didn't happen with games I build using older versions of Unity. At worst they had large caches which didn't effect how much storage android said they were using.

Any ideas on whats causing this?

2. kabinho728

kabinho728

I know some increase is expected, but is there anyway I can disable this? It's dramatically increasing the size of my games.

3. kabinho728

kabinho728

So I updated to 5.6 and still have the same problem, but I've noticed it goes away when I enable developmental build. It seems to only be affecting the release builds. Would anyone know why this is?

4. kabinho728

kabinho728

Is there anywhere else I could post this that would be more helpful? No one here seems to care.

5. instantia

instantia

i have same problem :( Just change one variable -> after 100 gameovers, data 20mb.

6. dmitriibrigalda

dmitriibrigalda

Did u find the answer?

7. dmitriibrigalda

dmitriibrigalda

Did u find the answer?