Search Unity

Unity 5.5: BlurOptimized attached to Camera stopped working when running on actual IOS Device

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rshelby, Dec 7, 2016.

1. rshelby

rshelby

Hi,

After upgrading to Unity 5.5 I noticed that the BlurOptimized effect seems to have stopped working on my iPhone 6. However the same code is working as expected when I deploy and test on Android (Galaxy III) and Windows Phone (Lumia 735). The BlurOptimized effect also appears correctly when running from the editor in IOS mode.

Does anyone know of any workarounds or changes that might be necessary to get this working again on iOS devices?

My use case involves the BlurOptimized component attached to my main camera as shown in the attached image. I'm then using Camera.main.GetComponent<BlurOptimized> ().enabled = true; to blur and unblur the camera background behind a UI Canvas.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

I've found cases for this, but for previous versions of 5. This regression seems to be popping back up. Would you mind sending in a bug report for 5.5 so the team can investigate?

3. rshelby

rshelby

Thanks. I submitted a bug report with a sample project.

4. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Awesome, thank you. What's the report nr?

5. rshelby

rshelby

Hi I received a case no 859497 for this issue. QA indicated they were able to reproduce the issue from the project I sent and have sent it for resolution with the developers. Thanks again!

SaraCecilia likes this.