Search Unity

Unity 5.5.1f1 doesn't startup on Fedora 25

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ahmed-erabti, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ahmed-erabti

ahmed-erabti

I'm new to GNU/Linux and I got shocked when I discovered that Unity doesn't have an official support to Linux till I found out this forum.
    Downloaded Unity 5.5.1f1 "Platform-Agnostic Self-Extracting Shell Script" and installed in on Fedora 25 (4.9.5-200.fc25.x86_64).
    I installed all of the Dependencies and blender, gimp, monodevelop, nodejs, npm, nodejs-npm*, postgresql-libs, postgresql.
    When I run ./Editor/Unity it starts fine I create a new project and try to open it, it loads a little bit and crash after that, there's two windows pop up, a windows with the Unity load picture and it's titled with "Starting Unity.."
    and a second one.
    each gives me these messages:
    1-
    Are you sure you want to proceed?
    2-
    “Starting Unity...” is not responding.
    You may choose to wait a short while for it to continue or force the application to quit entirely.

I keep clicking Wait till it suddenly aborts and gives me this in the terminal:
    Aborted (core dumped)

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. ahmed-erabti

ahmed-erabti

Log file -->

Preview:

@Tak

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. marchingcubes2

marchingcubes2

It starts up OK for me on Fedora 25. I might suggest deleting your unity config e.g ~/.config/unity3d and trying again.

4. ahmed-erabti

ahmed-erabti

Thanks for the replay, it just re-started the activation process, nothing changed.

5. ahmed-erabti

ahmed-erabti