Search Unity

Unity 5.4.5p3 to 5.5 - Orthographic Camera Issue?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrEsquire, Jun 19, 2017.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Basically I tried Unity 4.7 on my project and functionality is working correctly, orthographic camera with waypoints assigned, character is able to pass from one to other waypoint when camera is in the correct position.

Now Upgrading to the latest Unity version, the game level no longer works correctly, the movement of the character does not work correctly, where the camera is aligned but the character does not move to the next viewpoint.

I need to know if someone thing has changed with cameras since the 5.x releases or this a new bug I found as many people do not use Orthographic cameras.

Also Im not sure which section this comes under? Please ask some devs if it has changed..

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

bump, anyone know anything?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Sounds like you actually have red errors but don't have Error Pause on to catch them.

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Error Pause makes no difference, code has not been changed at all..
    I tried to debug if it was related to a plugin but do not think so.
    Currently no error messages, just dont function as intended.
    I'm not sure what other thing it could be if not the camera.
    I thought it could be something to do with vector settings?

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'm sorry I can't think of anything other than errors that would create a bug relationship between a waypoint in 3D space and a camera projection matrix for rendering.

Perhaps you mean just graphical corruption? It's not clear sorry. The only similar change I can think of is that shaders should now do depth reversed for greater precision. But this does not sound like a problem for you.

MrEsquire likes this.
  6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi Hippocoder,

I have some news, after doing trial and error I have managed to narrow down the problem further. I installed a few Unity versions and the last working version is 5.4.5, then when trying Unity 5.5 (the next version up), the break occurs and functionality stops..

Therefore it must be something Unity changed between these versions, Unity 5.5 did bring alot of new bugs etc.
    Do you see something in the changelog: https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.5.0
    That could impact my project or create the mentioned issue?

It be great to find out the cause of this..

Please note also tried Unity 5.6.2 just came out and beta same problem..

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

upload_2017-6-26_12-57-23.png
    As I mentioned, the only real change that could impact is reversed depth but I don't know enough about your case. Please file a bug report and link to this thread, perhaps Unity staff will have a far keener eye than I ever could :)

If you want this fixed, it's likely you'll have to make a reproduction scene or everyone will just be guessing :(

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Ok thanks for your help.

@Alex-Lian any ideas?

9. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

It's hard to guess without being able to pass a specific bug along to a dev team, but wondering if you checked the appropriate upgrade guides?

Similarly, I'd check the Backward Compatbility breaking sections of the release notes.

Else, it's as hippocoder says - we need to inspect something to help further.