Search Unity

Unity 5.4.1p3 Modified GUI no longer building in VS but works great in editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hoesterey, Oct 3, 2016.

1. hoesterey

hoesterey

Hi,
    I was using unity tonight when suddenly Visual Studio stopped building and started throwing errors about not being able to find any of the functions I added previously to unity's GUI. I was not changing anything in the GUI when this happened but just working on a new C# script.

The thing is all my added code works fine in the editor. I figure its an assembly reference but have no idea what reference I need to include is as Unity usually does that automatically.

I tried reinstalling Unity, rebuilding, etc.. .nothing seams to work.

Again the game runs fine, but I can't create any new scripts as visual studio can't find the .dll

Here is the error:
    Error Metadata file 'E:\TribetoyRoot\Bloodpunk\trunk\Temp\UnityVS_bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found trunk.CSharp.Editor.Plugins E:\TribetoyRoot\Bloodpunk\trunk\CSC

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. hoesterey

hoesterey

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm 100% unable to figure out whats happening here. Being that its looking in a temp directory Unity creates it seams that unity isn't generating the correct files? I've tried all the suggested fixes we can find online. I've also nuked unity and the VS project files but have been 100% unable to narrow this down.

Here are the errors:
    upload_2016-10-3_19-19-18.png

Assembly-CSharp-Editor-firstpass.dll is in the folder htough Assembly-Csharp.dll is not:
    upload_2016-10-3_19-19-47.png

Thanks for any help.

3. hoesterey

hoesterey