Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Unity 5.0] Material bug - Green glow

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Mar6, May 4, 2015.

1. Mar6

Mar6

Hello,
    I've been working with U5.0 for a while and encountered a strange bug.
    After something like a 5th startup of the program all the new Standard materials got a greenish error. Looks like a fresnel effect, btu as you can see in the attached image all the settings of the material are normal. I'm also using the Default-Skybox and there is no green used anywhere in the scene or lighting settings (nor as a camera background).
    Any suggestions what could have happened?
    The problem is now everytime I start this project in unity all the new Unity 5.0 standard (and specular) materials have this unwanted feature (legacy materials are working fine).
    When I start a new project materials work fine, but they totaly corrupted my actual project.

MaterialError.jpg
    MaterialError2.jpg

2. krides

krides

I have the exact same issue ever since we upgraded to 5.3.5f1, but it seems to be related to the level which is open at a given moment. The same material may appear corrupted in one scene, but okay in another.

3. icebear007

icebear007

4. Kiberia

Kiberia

I've encountered same problem, but my materials seems to be all white. This is kinda infuriating.

5. icebear007

icebear007

6. J8117

J8117

I have solved it from experimenting. All I did was change the compression to none and it stopped being green

7. Aadharsahni

Aadharsahni

WoW I fianlly Found a perfect way to fix it. Its scene cache issue. Just follow the instruction below.

Top Menu > Edit > Preferences > GI Cache > Clear Cache. That should fix the problem

8. fateshow

fateshow

On my materials, I turned off 'Reflections' and that happened to stop the green pixallation. I got this error after removing the HDRP from my project.

upload_2022-4-23_18-40-8.png

It went from this:

upload_2022-4-23_18-40-39.png

To this:

upload_2022-4-23_18-41-16.png