Search Unity

Unity 3D Fighting Game :Help

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Jmanthesin, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Jmanthesin

Jmanthesin

Looking to create a 3d fighting game- the style would derive from this game.

What would be the easiest way to make fighting combo's similar to character in the video?
    Where would it be best to make the 3D models?

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  2. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

My first recommendation is to not post the same thread in multiple places.

Outside of that, no idea.

Martin_H and theANMATOR2b like this.
  3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

EternalA - has it right - Vanilla Crown on the rocks - ROCKS!!! :p:D:p:D PS short form for @EternalAmbiguity is EA - and I don't want to associate you with the former business of our current leader - so - please change you name like @boredmormon did - but since I'm drunk I can't remember what kewi and ausi combined with the @ symbol combine to solve the puzzle so I can't @ him because his name is HARD even though I support his effort!!!

Gonna be a good un tonight @LaneFox - coming up to speed with how dev gets S*** done! LOL

Seriously! No forum users under 21 - try that yucky stuff.
    All others - HECK YEAH!

Check out UFE and MK and the crappy mobile game you referenced - beyond that - make pong!

Back to Vanilla Crown! :p:confused::)

4. Martin_H

Martin_H

You make the most helpful drunk-posts I've ever seen. Cheers!

5. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

That's more like a brawler or beat them up than a fighting game.

For combos you can make a system of triggers that starts counting down (in a number of frames) from when you activate them.

It would be best to make, rig and animate the 3D characters in 3D studio max and use a cell shader in unity.

6. Hyblademin

Hyblademin

I'll not worry about what type of game it is, since you're really only asking about the input system.

First, for timed combos where the player must press single buttons at the correct intervals to continue to the next attack:
    Use Animation Events. Set points in the animation to control variables in an animation control script that will allow or disallow continuation to other animations based on input. In many games, pressing a continuation input too early will actually cause the combo to fail, but pressing it only a little early will buffer the continuation until the animation is allowed to transition. You would also handle this in the animation control script.

Next, attacks that require a sequence of buttons to trigger (↓, →, P):
    I think a fine way to do this is to make an input controller that tracks button inputs and delays in between them, and keeps this data in a list. The items at the old end of the list would time out after a second or so, and you would use reasonably simple logic to look through the list each time inputs are added to see if the correct sequence of buttons is pressed within the allowed amount of time. Some games allow for screwups in the input sequence, usually just for the direction part of the input (actual input of ↓, ←, ↑, P could still be interpreted as ↓, ↑, P). If you want this to make your input requirements les strict, you will need to account for this in your sequence processing. I like to make static booleans in the input controller that report the trigger status of any possible special input, so that other objects like the player character can check to see if any valid input was entered in order to start special moves. If the possible correct input varies greatly between characters, I recommend having a method that can be called to check for specific sequences rather than hard coded ones.

7. Jmanthesin

Jmanthesin

Alright, the character was rigged using Blender and imported into Unity. After using Rigify to rig the bones, it seems to give issues with twisting the arms and fists like the combo's shown above.

From your guys perspective would it be better to rig character bones myself and try again? Or is there a better animation program to be used?

In Unity, you can make fist under the muscles preview, is it possible to incorporate the fist animation, into an imported animation created in Blender, while still fulfilling the original animation created in Blender?

8. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I don't know if this would help now. But check this out.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-AvatarMask.html