Search Unity

Unity 2017.1.0f3 - Facebook SDK v7.1 - Already Imported error

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by SniperED007, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SniperED007

SniperED007

I'm getting the following errors on iOS builds only when doing a cloud build:
    Running Unity 2017.1.0f3 with Facebook SDK v7.10 installed:

27: [Unity] error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    28: [Unity] Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    29: [Unity] Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    30: [Unity] error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    31: [Unity] Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    32: [Unity] Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI - The Library/FacebookSDK doesn't exist in my project so I can't remove it.

Thanks,
    ED

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. SniperED007

SniperED007

So looks like the same issue has started happening today with Android Cloud builds as well:

20: [Unity] error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    21: [Unity] Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    22: [Unity] Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    23: [Unity] error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Facebook.Unity.Settings' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    24: [Unity] Library/FacebookSDK/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    25: [Unity] Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

3. IonRift

IonRift

Also having this issue with Unity 5.6.2f1 Cloud builds.
    I have tried builds with Facebook SDKs From 7.10 down to 7.8.0
    All have the same issue on iOS. (occasionally android but not thoroughly looked into that)

4. SniperED007

SniperED007

Pretty disappointing that Unity don't actually monitor these forums anymore.