Search Unity

Unity 2.6 is out (and free!)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Samantha, Oct 28, 2009.

1. zumwalt

zumwalt

Interesting response non the less given that I have responded to and answered "tons" of questions in the forums, so if that is the lurking about, so be it. I appologize for lurking about, and my comment was justified, even if only in my eyes. As to sooth you so I don't offend and lurk about any more, I will refrain from my continued forum support and just let myself lurk around other more productive areas, since apparently my knowledge, support and ability to help maintain the user base with resolutions is clearly neither desired nor wanted. Thanks for clearning that up. Totally blind sided me. I never knew animosity lived for so long. Best regards.

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I find it interesting that nothing in the mirror strikes you as off, only on my side (and I've admitted that I have my sensitivities that I need to work on above, and as noted I'm trying on those! :) ) But either way, your help, input and information is most definitely wanted and if answers.unity3d.com is it for you then I'm happy you've found a comfortable and engaging information outlet for yourself so roll with it! :)

3. fivearchers

fivearchers

What are the time limits on the pro upgrade again? I'm considering it, but it'd be after Christmas before I could make a decision.

4. hogus

hogus

Its the end of the year I think...

5. MrJoy

MrJoy

EDIT: Nevermind...

6. MrJoy

MrJoy

EDIT: Nevermind...

7. MrJoy

MrJoy

Some of us care quite a lot. I'm personally hoping for the day when my sound guy can utilize FMOD Designer and I can bring that content into Unity... Nothing analogous exists for OpenAL. Not to mention that OpenAL is quite buggy and needs to be tiptoed around.

-JF

8. NodMan

NodMan

Dear Ulognep. Please tell me only one thing - Can i use Unity 2.6 for commercial games? Or that version only for noncommercial use (just for learning)?

9. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

You can use Unity for commercial games -- it is not a personal learning edition of Unity Pro.

10. NodMan

NodMan

Oh... Thanks. Thats good. :)

11. maggot

maggot

Thanks for the public release of Unity 2.6 !
    It looks great, I've downloaded loads of tutorials as well.
    However, is there in the works an update for windows 7 - I've managed to get Unity to crash in windows 7 a few times :D

12. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Log bugs if you're getting crashes (see the help menu, you log bugs right from within Unity). If there are issues then we need to know about them to ensure proper Win7 compatibility. Thanks and welcome aboard! :)

13. maggot

maggot

OK, thanks, and bug report sent

14. etx

etx

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for a great update! I have unity pro in the studio, but I'm so excited I can now use indie at in my home studio. Thanks a million and keep up the great work!

15. Krazoa

Krazoa

Thank you for making it free ^.^ I may get the pro but not sure yet X3

16. dacresni

dacresni

Why hasn't this been posted on slashdot? !!

17. retaEniarBdiK

retaEniarBdiK

So if we did buy it within the past "60 days", got the email 3 months later...

..can we still get the refund?

Cuz i want the refund.

18. cyangamer

cyangamer

I really needed to get my "thanks for making this great program free" post in. THANKS!

In other news: "Freeware Defenders"... :D