Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

We don't have Aquas, but we can contact the developers to see if we can find a solution for you. When we do, we can make a tutorial for it for you and others to use.

Yes, you can make rain collisions more accurate by setting the Collision Quality, located in the Collision section of the particle effect to high.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    AndyNeoman likes this.
  2. BHS

BHS

I can't find this post. What was the context of it?

3. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

If you click on the little blue arrow it takes you to the post ;)

Here's the link (I rightclicked on the arrow and "copy link").

It was in relation to Chronos Integration.

4. BHS

BHS

Thanks, I actually wasn't aware of this.

Chronos hasn't been tested, but it shouldn't be hard. If I remember correctly, Chronons uses its own time control similar to Unity's Time.deltaTime, correct?

If this is the case, it should be pretty straight forward. You would just open the UniStorm script and replace all Time.deltaTime portions with Chronos equivalent that you'd like to change.

UniStorm's time control only uses 2 Time.deltaTime. If you want everything controlled with Chronos, you would have to alter all Time.deltaTime in the UniStorm script that control various things so there's quite a few of them. However, pressing Ctrl+H within the script editor allows you mass replace lines so it would only take a second.

We don't own Chronos though so we have no way of knowing for sure.

5. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We plan on submitting UniStorm 2.3 by the end of next week. Below is most of the release notes for the update. If we have missed anything, we will try to add it by the time the update has been submitted. This update focuses on redone particle effects, the new Import/Export Settings tool, some bug fixes, and updating UniStorm Mobile to the 2.3 version.

Features
    • UniStorm Mobile is now equal to the newest version of UniStorm Desktop.
    • Import and Export Settings - UniStorm 2.3 will add a new tab that will allow users to export and import UniStorm settings with the click of a button. This will also allow users to share and import settings from a txt file created with UniStorm to get the exact same results. Using the Unity Forums and the UniStorm Wiki, you can try tons of premade UniStorm settings to get the results you are looking for. The lighting and settings we used in our demo videos will also be the new default settings for the UniStorm Demo Scenes, along with a few other UniStorm Settings files for users to try out.
    • Added an option to import both settings and colors. We have kept the settings to be only the visual settings to avoid users getting unwanted changes, such as time related variables, dates, particle densities, etc.
    • Added storm cloud color control for each time of day
    • Added particle color control for all particle effects for each time of day
    • Added an option to disable and enable Sun Shafts
    • New and improved particle effects. All particle effects have been redone and re-textured allowing improving the quality and look of weather.
    New UniStorm Demo
    • Completely redid the UniStorm demo to better represent and show off the quality of UniStorm. This includes new terrain and terrain grass textures.
    • Added a new character controller with smooth mouse look, stamina system, and footstep sounds as the new default UniStorm player.
    • All demo scenes will now have proper Global Illumination.
    Fixes
    • Fixed light sources from disabling when at or below 0 which caused issues for some 3rd party systems.
    • Improved the Sun Shafts so they properly match the shape of the sun.
    • UniStorm's twilight fog now works properly making transitions from night to morning and evening to night look much better.
    • Added newer versions of Unity to the #if UNITY_5_X portions of UniStorm script fixing warning messages that happened with some newer versions of Unity
    • Removed the Rain Streaks particle effect as it is no longer needed
    • Fixed minor hiccup with Unity's grass that sometimes happened when switching from a non-precipitation weather type to a precipitation weather type.

Improved particle effects and weather types
    NewSnow2.png
    NewRain1.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Sonnenspeer and radimoto like this.
  6. BHS

BHS

Some screenshots of the improved Heavy Snow weather type. All particle effect's colors can also be adjusted for each time of day so particle effects will no longer be too bright at night. We will post more screenshots of improved particle effects and weather types tomorrow.

The scene below is also the new default scene included with UniStorm 2.3.

NewSnow1.png
    NewSnow2.png
    NewSnow3.png

7. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

I noticed that my Speed Trees placed in the terrain using Unity's built in tree system are not being affected by the Wind from Unistorm. Is there a way to do this?

8. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Nevermind, I had to set it to storm in order to see the trees sway. When the setting is only Partially Cloudy how can I increase the wind speed?

9. BHS

BHS

The trees should be affected by wind during non-precipitation weather types. SpeedTrees need more wind than Unity's trees to be visually affected. You can increase the wind for non-precipitation weather types by adjust the settings on the Wind Zone object That is a child object of UniStorm.

10. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Great! That worked perfectly. I'm running into another issue. My terrain is extremely large. It's a 8km x 8km terrain. I tried using the two camera set up that was recommended so that I can lower the far clipping plane down to 1000. But it causes a huge number of issues. For one, if I move the mouse up and down it only moves the background (skybox) and two if I have a Post Processing Behaviour script enabled on the camera then the colors get all messed up and unviewable. I'm using the First Person Controller script which grabs the first main camera. I think this is what's causing the first problem.

11. BHS

BHS

It sounds like it may be due to the way you are setting up your layers. If you could posts a screenshot, it would help us better understand what's going on.

By the First Person Controller, are you referring to UniStorm's or another 3rd party asset?

12. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

Here's some screenshots of the improved Rain particle effect (These screenshots show the Thunder Storm weather type). The rain now has a lot more diversity to the way it falls as well as a new texture. All particle effect's colors can also be adjusted for each time of day.

The scene below is also the new Dynamic Plant Growth Demo scene included with UniStorm 2.3.
    NewRain1.png
    NewRain2.png
    NewRain3.png

13. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

No, I'm referring to the script that comes with Standard Assets.
    What should I post a screenshot of?

14. BHS

BHS

Of your screen in-game showing what's not working with the 2 camera setup.

When setting up with 2 cameras, both cameras need to have the mouse look script because they both need to have the same view. It sounds like you only have it on one camera, you will have issues like you are having.

If I remember correctly, you only need to have the image effects on your camera that's viewing the scene. However, your camera that's using UniStorm should have a two sun shaft image effects on it, one for the moonlight shafts and one for the sunlight Shafts. Ensure that your UniStorm camera's Near Clipping Plane isn't rendering your scene objects and only the distant UniStorm objects.

With UniStorm 2.3, we will include a 2 camera setup demo scene.

15. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Here are two videos. The first is with the Post Effects disabled. The skybox is moving with the mouse. The second is an issue with the Post Effects completely ruining the sky and I have no idea why.

Here are the settings for the two cameras. I followed the documentation.

Camera_1_1.PNG Camera_1_2.PNG Camera_1_3.PNG Camera_2_1.PNG Camera_2_2.PNG
    Uploading the last image in another post since there's a limit of 5 uploads.

16. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Last image for camera 2 settings.
    Camera_2_3.PNG

17. BHS

BHS

Strange, I was able to get everything working, but a few things have changed from that tutorial. I'll post my steps below.

Also, what version of Unity are you using? This works with Unity 5.2.2 and should work with all versions after. Are you using any 3rd party Image Effects?

1) Have your two duplicated cameras ready as the tutorial says, except name Camera 2 to UniStorm Camera.
    2) Set all UniStorm components to the UniStorm layer, as the tutorial says.(Clouds, Moon, and Stars)
    3) Go to your UniStorm Camera and make sure that UniStorm is its only layer checked.
    4) Go to Camera 1 and make sure that it has all of the layers selected except the UniStorm layer.
    5) Set Camera 1 to Depth Only with a Depth of 1. Also set its Far Clipping Plane to your desired distance.
    6) Set your UniStorm Camera to Skybox with a Depth of 0. Set your Far Clipping Plane to 18,000.
    7) Go to your UniStrorm Camera and make sure all Image Effects are disabled (I think this is where you issue lies. I had issues withe Global Fog Image Effect blocking the clouds. Maybe some of your Image Effects were doing the same for other components.) Camera 1 will handle all Image Effect.
    8) Apply Camera 1 to UniStorm in the Camera Object slot.

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Is it compatible with map magic? Can I setup a climate zone to a map magic biome?

19. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Can you try creating a Player Game Object, attaching the Standard Assets First Person Controller script. Then add a Camera as a child. That's my current setup. I am still running into the same issues even with changing the Depth and the camera name. I turned off all image effects from the UniStorm Camera and I made sure that the Camera Object is Camera 1. Does the name Camera 1 matter because my Game Object is called FirstPersonCharacter.

20. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

UniStorm is compatible with Map Magic. UniStorm was used in the demo video below with Map Magic. We have created a tutorial for setting up UniStorm with endless terrains. It only takes about a minute. This can be found here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials#Setup_UniStorm_with_endless_terrains

As for Climate Zones based on biomes, you would need to get the texture at the point of where the player currently is and then switch the weather with an external script. UniStorm's Climate Zones don't currently support textures. However, we do plan on adding this feature within the next version or two.

21. BHS

BHS

The name of the cameras shouldn't matter. They are just used for clarification. Also, your UniStorm Camera should be a child of the Character Controller object, not the Camera 1 object.

Are you receiving any errors in the Unity console and have you ensured you have Camera 1 applied to UniStorm's Camera Object?

I just repeated my steps and it's working on my end, even with Unity 5.5.0. The only thing that would allow the time of day not to change would be an error. Also, what version of UniStorm are you using? I'm using the newest version of UniStorm, version 2.2.4.

22. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

I'm just going to use your camera for now. Hopefully when I implement TPC I don't run into the same issue that I have now.

23. BHS

BHS

If you do, just let us know. We will be providing a 2 camera example scene with UniStorm 2.3. We plan on submitting the 2.3 update within the next couple of days.

24. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.3.0 has been submitted is awaiting approval. This update makes UniStorm Mobile equal to UniStorm Desktop 2.3. This applies to the C# versions. The JS versions will be coming soon.

The demo scene shown in this video is the new default UniStorm scene. This video shows off UniStorm 2.3's improved particle effects and improved weather types using those particle effects. Dynamic clouds and other weather types have also been improved, but this video's focus is on weather types with particle effects.

Features
    • UniStorm Mobile is now equal to the newest version of UniStorm Desktop.
    • Import and Export Settings - UniStorm 2.3 will add a new tab that will allow users to export and import UniStorm settings with the click of a button. This will also allow users to share and import settings from a txt file created with UniStorm to get the exact same results. Using the Unity Forums and the UniStorm Wiki, you can try tons of premade UniStorm settings to get the results you are looking for. The lighting and settings we used in our demo videos will also be the new default settings for the UniStorm Demo Scenes, along with a few other UniStorm Settings files for users to try out.
    • Added an option to import both settings and colors. We have kept the settings to be only the visual settings to avoid users getting unwanted changes, such as time related variables, dates, particle densities, etc.
    • Improved dynamic clouds
    • Added storm cloud color control for each time of day
    • Added particle color control for all particle effects for each time of day
    • Added an option to disable and enable Sun Shafts
    • New and improved particle effects. All particle effects have been redone and re-textured allowing improving the quality and look of weather.
    New UniStorm Demo
    • Completely redid the UniStorm demo to better represent and show off the quality of UniStorm. This includes new terrain and terrain grass textures.
    • Added a new character controller with smooth mouse look, stamina system, and footstep sounds as the new default UniStorm player.
    • All demo scenes will now have proper Global Illumination.
    Fixes and Improvements
    • Performance improvements, especially with UniStorm Mobile. UniStorm Mobile now gets a solid 60 fps on a Galaxy S4.
    • Fixed light sources from disabling when at or below 0 which caused issues for some 3rd party systems.
    • Improved the Sun Shafts so they properly match the shape of the sun.
    • UniStorm's twilight fog now works properly making transitions from night to morning and evening to night look much better.
    • Added newer versions of Unity to the #if UNITY_5_X portions of UniStorm script fixing warning messages that happened with some newer versions of Unity
    • Removed the Rain Streaks particle effect as it is no longer needed
    • Fixed minor hiccup with Unity's grass that sometimes happened when switching from a non-precipitation weather type to a precipitation weather type.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Sonnenspeer likes this.
  25. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.3.0 is now live! To see all this update has to offer, see our post here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-87#post-2935561

This update marks UniStorm's 5 year anniversary since its release back in 2012! Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support in UniStorm over the years. We will continue to support and improve UniStorm as we've done the last 5 years. We have tons of new and exciting features in store for UniStorm including full Oculus Rift support. Suggestions and feature requests are always welcome and have helped shape UniStorm what it is today.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Sonnenspeer, AndyNeoman and Arganth like this.
  26. RoyS

RoyS

Congrads on the new release. Am anxious to take a look at the new version.

I am using this with RPGAIO. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/53542

1-Is there a function where the rain will collide with awnings, porch roofs, tents? That way if the player is under a shelter, the rain/snow does not fall thru the shelter?

2-Are there sounds and triggers for when the player is indoors, you can hear the "muffled" rain/thunderstorm/blowing wind?

3-I am not a coder, so can there be two save functions when the player quits? One for PRGAIO and the other to save UniStorm?

27. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I'm having issues with the sky box on Mobile. In the Scene view the sky box changes and the clouds show up but in the Game view the Sky box and clouds don't show up.

28. BHS

BHS

1) You can adjust the particle's Collision Quality to make collisions more accurate. This should stop some particles from falling through collision surfaces.

2) No, but we have a tutorial on how to do something similar here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...or_Enable_UniStorm_Particle_Effects_OnTrigger You could just alter the UniStorm sound effects when indoors using the above code. When I get a chance tomorrow, I can post a proper example altering UniStorm's sounds when indoors.

3) Yes, you can see the Save and Load Example scene, as well as an example script, to see how to save UniStorm's current state.

Hey there,

Even though Unity 5.5 was tested with UniStorm, it appears that UniStorm Mobile's cloud shader has some issues with Unity 5.5, which I'm assuming is the version you are using. I will PM you the updated shader to fix the issue. We will submit a quick fix to fix the shader and the warning messages for Unity 5.5 sometime tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

gearedgeek likes this.
  29. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Your welcome and thank you for the support. I have another question. Has the snow shader been fixed? I submitted a bug report on your website and sent you a email about it.

30. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

Yes, the snow shader error with UniStorm Mobile was fixed with the 2.3.0 update.

31. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We have just submitted UniStorm 2.3.1. This is a quick update to fix some of the issues introduced with the UniStorm 2.3.0 update and Unity 5.5.

The 2.3.1 update fixes the following:
    • Fixed Star shader errors with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed Dynamic Cloud shader error with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed moon from going through stars with UniStorm Mobile
    • Fixed moon from using Unity's fog with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed all warning messages when using Unity 5.4.0 to Unity 5.5

32. Mrkubaisi

Mrkubaisi

Hi
    are the included assets free to use in our projects (terrain,textures,house,.....)

33. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Yes, they should be. The terrain textures and house model are from the Unity Demos. The terrain can be used for your projects as you'd like.

34. BHS

BHS

For those who are interested, we have update the UniStorm Playable Demo to newest version of UniStorm.

This demo is the dynamic plant growth demo that has plants grow off of various UniStorm conditions such as sunlight amount, precipitation, and temperature. It also displays some of the UniStorm conditions such as date, time, weather, temperature, and season. This demo also allows you to try out some of most of the weather types. This demo is one of the exact scenes included with UniStorm.

Download the demo using the link below.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0bh9cwx9u8nj6o/UniStorm Desktop Demo.zip?dl=0

35. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.3.1 has been accepted and is now live! This is a quick update to fix some of the issues introduced with the UniStorm 2.3.0 update and Unity 5.5.

The 2.3.1 update fixes the following:
    • Fixed Star shader errors with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed Dynamic Cloud shader error with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed moon from going through stars with UniStorm Mobile
    • Fixed moon from using Unity's fog with UniStorm Mobile and Unity 5.5
    • Fixed all warning messages when using Unity 5.4.0 to Unity 5.5

36. marnoch

marnoch

Is it possible to have a second moon in UniStorm?

37. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

I had a question had this for so long now it's amazing how can you convert this to be used on unet internet

38. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @BHS update looks great but I can't get the fog to work properly no matter what I try. It either works all the time (even when Sunny) or not at all.

I use differed lighting unity 5.5. I have followed all steps on wiki, so im pretty sure have the correct global fog script etc, it is public class and as i say does work and change color between times of day now (Yes!) but when i set sunny it either is still very foggy or i have to disable script then of course when the weather changes in game no fogs shows.

39. ftejada

ftejada

Hi

I am interested in your asset but I would like to ask one thing:

Can your asset be used without the "visual" day / night cycle? That is, I would like your asset to manage the weather, calendar ... but I would like another asset (Azure [Sky]) to take care of the visual aspect of day / night cycles.

Is that possible?

regards

40. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Helloo @BHS

What i need change for save

i need save in quit scene auto and load auto in player enter scene,

in your script i need check key and i dont whant change for auto , please help me

Thanks very much for your help

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Black Horizon Studios
    2. //UniStorm Save Example
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using System.Collections;
    7. public class SavePlayerData_C : MonoBehaviour {
    9.     public Vector3 playerPosition;
    10.     public Vector3 playerRotation;
    11.     public GameObject UniStorm;
    12.     public float currentHour;
    13.     public Vector3 rotationToSet;
    14.     public bool dataLoaded = false;
    16.     void Start ()
    17.     {
    18.         UniStorm = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor");
    19.     }
    22.     void Update ()
    23.     {
    24.         if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.O))
    25.         {
    26.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Minute", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().minuteCounter);
    28.             currentHour = (int)UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().Hour;
    30.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Current Hour", currentHour);
    32.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Weather", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().weatherForecaster);
    33.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Day", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().dayCounter);
    34.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Month", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().monthCounter);
    35.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Year", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().yearCounter);
    36.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("Current Temperature", UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().temperature);
    38.             playerPosition = transform.position;
    39.             playerRotation = transform.rotation.eulerAngles;
    41.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Position X", playerPosition.x);
    42.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Position Y", playerPosition.y);
    43.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Position Z", playerPosition.z);
    45.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Rotation X", playerRotation.x);
    46.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Rotation Y", playerRotation.y);
    47.             PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("Player Rotation Z", playerRotation.z);
    49.             Debug.Log("Game Saved" + "\n" + " In-Game Time " + currentHour + ":" + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().minuteCounter + " | "  + " In-Game Date " + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().monthCounter + "/" + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().dayCounter + "/" + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().yearCounter + " |  Current Weather " + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().weatherString + " | Current Temperature " + UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().temperature);
    50.         }
    52.         if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.L))
    53.         {
    54.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().startTimeMinute = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Minute");
    55.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().startTimeHour = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Current Hour");
    58.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().LoadTime();
    60.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().weatherForecaster = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Weather");
    61.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().dayCounter = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Day");
    62.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().monthCounter = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Month");
    63.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().yearCounter = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Year");
    64.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().temperature = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("Current Temperature");
    67.             playerPosition.x = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Position X");
    68.             playerPosition.y = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Position Y");
    69.             playerPosition.z = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Position Z");
    71.             playerRotation.x = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Rotation X");
    72.             playerRotation.y = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Rotation Y");
    73.             playerRotation.z = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("Player Rotation Z");
    75.             UniStorm.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().InstantWeather();
    77.             transform.position = new Vector3 (playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y, playerPosition.z);
    79.             rotationToSet = new Vector3 (playerRotation.x, playerRotation.y, playerRotation.z);
    80.             transform.eulerAngles = rotationToSet;
    82.             Debug.Log("Game Loaded");
    84.         }
    85.     }
    86. }

41. BHS

BHS

You can add a second moon by duplicating UniStorm's moon and attaching it as a child to UniStorm's moon. You will need to position it so it's not at the same position as UniStorm's moon. It will then follow the day and night cycles as UniStorm's moon does.

UniStorm2Moons.png

There are a few people who have some solutions for Unet. We haven't had a chance to test them, but it's something we will be doing soon. The posts below should get Unet working for you with UniStorm.

1) https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-83#post-2773021

2) https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-84#post-2785944

There is a different portion for Unity 5.5 for the Global Fog to work. With Unity 5.5, you need to update the Image Effects so they are compatible with Unity 5.5. The guide can be found here and takes less than a minute. (Just follow the guide even though you aren't having any errors. The solution is the same.)

http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...fter_I.27ve_imported_UniStorm_into_my_project

It should be possible, but you would need to alter some code. You would need to disable some of UniStorm's components, such as the clouds, stars, sun, and moon. You would also need to comment out some portions of code like the time of day control, cloud control, and sun control. However, this hasn't been tested so I can't say for sure.

I'll see if I can't get an example of auto save and load for you when I get the chance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    GOLDY00 likes this.
  42. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

87 pages! Probably been asked, might have been answered. Can this system be used in an in/outside level? For example, I want it to be raining, and the player will dodge out of the rain and into a building to stay warm. Will it continue to rain outside, visible through doors and windows, but not on the covered player? My current weather systems follow the player, and as a result, either have to be turned off/on as buildings are entered. Kills the dark mood.

Mark

43. ftejada

ftejada

Hi

Could you tell me which parts of the code to comment on and if the components to remove are all that should be removed.

My partner has Unistorm and I would like to do the test there before buying their asset.

I sincerely think that Unistorm is a great asset and I would like to be able to modify it to work in conjunction with Azure [SKY]

regards

44. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

I have a problem where I can't see the sun or moon bright or them st all and the sky is bloody brown it's annoying please help

45. clickmatch

clickmatch

I am also interested in this. I just tested my project and noticed when the character goes under an object the rain collides strange, but it's definitely like it's raining indoors. Is there a way to mark an object as impervious to weather? My game involves building bases, so I'd need interior spaces to dynamically avoid the weather.

46. Stormy102

Stormy102

@BHS Congrats on the update. However, I want to see when often-requested features like realistic stars and the raindrops on screen effect will come in. I really need the latter and hope it can be done soon :)

47. BHS

BHS

If you are having issues with the rain colliding with, or going through, objects, you need to increase the Collision Quality to High. This setting can be found under the Collision tab of the Particle Effect.

Hey there!

It would require looking through the UniStorm script. Let me put together something and I will PM you a little guide.

It sounds like you have the issue related to Unity 5.5. This isn't UniStorm, but Unity's Global Fog Image Effect. To fix this, follow the guide here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...appropriate_colors_I.27ve_set_.28Unity_5.5.29 It takes less than a minute.

Thanks! Those are both features we would like to add and will work on getting them implemented as soon as possible.

Stormy102 and ftejada like this.
  48. ftejada

ftejada

Thanks, I look forward to the guide.

regards

49. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

Hello, i have a pretty big world with tons of object, so i must keep camera veiw under 700, but unistorm clouds are show only at 10000. What you suggest to solve this? Maybe there are plane or a sphere wich should be resized, or you know how to do it in a better way?

50. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

There are two things you could do:

1) Depening on your setup, you could use a second camera. One could render your scene at 700 and another could render just UniStorm (which wouldn't render any of your dense scene because it would only render the UniStorm Layer). However, this still requires a second camera to render at around 10,000.

A guide can be found here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials#Using_UniStorm_with_a_2_camera_setup

You will need to adjust it for Unity 5 by following the guide here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-87#post-2931278

2) You can also try scaling the whole UniStorm system smaller. I'm not sure if you can get it to fit in a camera with a Far Clipping Plane of 700, but you can try. You may need to adjust some of the components after doing so. If your clouds disappear, it's because they are based on the world position height. You can adjust their height fading within Cloud Options.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    MarkusGod likes this.