Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius

I have a bit of a question. I'm not sure if it has already been asked because I didn't want to look through 85 pages in this thread :p

The custom calender setting in time options does not appear to be functioning properly. I had the rain/snow storm weather option set, but when I had the custom calender option set with 12 months per year and the month set 6 which is June in the standard calender, the snow effect plays instead of rain. This indicating that June was a winter month.
    Unless it is already implemented, it would be nice to specify what season a month belonged to when using custom calender.

DesertRaven likes this.
  2. clickmatch

clickmatch

Just guessing here, but I know the snow is temperature based.. were your temps set low?

3. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius

I don't think so, because I could change just the calendar setting back to standard, the month would then be June, and with the same weather setting of storm I would get a rain storm

4. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

My guess is that it shouldn't be hard to implement, but we can contact the developers and find out.

Hey there!

We will look into this and find out exactly what's going on with the custom calendar option. If something isn't functioning properly, we will be sure to fix it with our next update.

5. DecayGame

DecayGame

Sorry for the re post but I've been trying to fix this for a month :(
    when I play my scene my first person hand model texture says ( Instance) On it and then it's grey and it looks weird because it's really grey any idea how to fix this? thanks =)

6. BHS

BHS

UniStorm doesn't affect the way your player's materials are instanced or setup. This is most likely the fps system you are using.

7. DecayGame

DecayGame

Alright, I will look into in thanks :)

8. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Looks like the state of the moon doesn't effect the intensity of the moonlight. Is this intentional?

Code (CSharp):
    2. voidLateUpdate()
    3. {
    4. //Setsthemoonlightintensitybasedonthemoon's period
    5. intmoonPhase=UniStormSystem.moonPhaseCalculator;
    6. if(moonPhase==1)
    7. UniStormSystem.moon.intensity*=0.1f;//Whenmoonisatnewmoon,onlyshow5%ofnormalintensity;
    8. if(moonPhase<5)
    9. UniStormSystem.moon.intensity*=(float)moonPhase/4;
    10. elseif(moonPhase>5)
    11. UniStormSystem.moon.intensity*=1-((moonPhase-5)/4);
    13. UniStormSystem.moon.intensity/=2;
    14. }
    I wrote a real hardcoded dirty hack of a solution. Seems to work out right depending on the phase of the moon. Throw this into any script that can reference the UniStormSystem.

By the way, great system. Really enjoying it.

DesertRaven likes this.
  9. keyboardcowboy

keyboardcowboy

Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue:

When I switch my project to Android KitKat 4.4 minimum requirement, I no longer have any clouds during Partly and Mostly cloudy weather settings for Dynamic low or high. Storm clouds come in okay. This is happening in the mobile demo scene.

Switch it back to desktop, clouds work fine. This is my first time playing around with the Unistorm mobile. Am I missing something on setup for the clouds to not work?

Thanks

10. Sluta

Sluta

Two newbie questions:

Night, fog, rain ... and on grass sneak some light waves, what it is and how to turn it off?

It is possible to make a darker nights? If so, how?

Attached Files:

11. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the temporary solution and great to hear you're enjoying UniStorm.

We will make sure this feature is implemented with the next version of UniStorm.

Strange, you can try using the UniStorm Desktop version dynamic cloud material. UniStorm>Dynamic Light Clouds (No fog).

1) This looks like it's either your grass color or your grass tint color. The grass tint color can be adjusted on your terrain settings.

2) You can adjust the Ambient Night and Twilight colors, the Moon Light Color, the Reflection Intensity for night, and the Ambient Intensity for night to have darker nights. It's possible to get nearly pitch black nights by adjusting these settings.

12. buronix

buronix

Hey!!

I found a hard problem (it drove me mad), only to help others to solve, there is some times with default values, that there is no sun or moon light active, and all components that depend of a direct light (rtp for example) go crazy and start showing errors, or visual artifacts, the solution is update the light curves on sun and moon to ensure that there is always a light with a value over 0.
    Ex: sun light disappear at 18:01 and moon light starts at 17:59, then in the night the moon light disappear at 6:01 and sun start at 5:59.

You only need to have the light enabled, so with a value over 0 is just enough, like 0.01.

13. BHS

BHS

Thanks for letting us know. We will add an option to keep the lights from being disabled, for those who need it, with the next version of UniStorm.

14. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

The monlight fix would be great, and I seem to be getting a moon in the sky at night and a "sun" right next to it???? Also the horizon is way to much lit up. UnistormMoon.png

15. BHS

BHS

DesertRaven likes this.
  16. clickmatch

clickmatch

DesertRaven likes this.
  17. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Evening all.

I'm getting the error where no lightssource is on. I thought it was the default values are they were incorrect but even after changing moon to come on at 17.00 and sun to go at 18.00 it still happens where the lights are both off for a short period. My terrain textures go completely black and it looks awful.

I am also getting an issue where the sunlight is shining on my river surface even after the sun has gone behind some mountains that should block the light.

18. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

Love the product. I've used it and got it tweaked in our game scenes but now I'm doing a menu scene where I want the moon in it but low in the sky. Is there way to adjust or disable the moon fade so that I can have full brightness of the moon no matter where it is in day/night cycle?

19. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This has been discussed and is due to the Sun and Moon lights being disbaled.

We will submit a quick update to fix this issue. Are you using RTP? It seems like this issue is only related to RTP. If you need a quick fix, you can go through the UniStorm script and comment out the lines that disable the Sun and Moon lights.

UniStorm uses Unity's directional light so this is a limitation to Unity or the water shader. If you want the sunlight to fade when going behind a mountain (during sunrises or sunsets), adjust your sunlight sunset/sunrise intensity to be faded by the time it's behind the mountains. This setting can be found under Sun Options.

Hey there!

Great to hear.

As of now, no. It is controlled by UniStorm. We can fix this with our next quick update to be optional.

If you need a quick solution, you can go though and comment out the portions of the code that control the moon's fade. Another solution could be to create a script that keeps the moon's fade at 1. This script would need to be ran in LateUpdate so that it overwrites UniStorm's control of the moon's fade.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  20. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks BHS, yes i am using RTP. I also think the sun on the river/mountains issue was due to the tessellation feature of RTP because I currently have it disabled and the light is working correctly.[/QUOTE]

21. JACKO4590

JACKO4590

Hey guys. I'v been using this asset with RFPS and im loving it. I'v got a question, how do i make it rain more.
    Like the rain drops look like they could do with being heaver like with storms and stuff.

Other then that its amazing. Good job on this

22. Sphelps

Sphelps

I would like more snow

23. BHS

BHS

Great to hear!

Hey there!

Great to hear you're loving UniStorm.

You can adjust the Rain material's color to make your rain thicker or appear denser. We will be adding an option to adjust this, and other particle colors, via the UniStorm Editor with our next update. You can also do the same for the Rain Splash material to make them look heavier.

Do you mean more particles being draw? You can increase the amount of particles that are being spawned at a time by adjusting the snow particle system's settings. This will allow your snow to be far denser.

You can also increase the snow material's color to have the snow appear more visible.

JACKO4590 likes this.
  24. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

How to fix this?
    "UnassignedReferenceException: The variable sunTrans of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the sunTrans variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1261)"

25. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

It sounds like you don't have your sun transform properly attached to the UniStorm system. It should be assign on start at runtime so you shouldn't have to do anything yourself. Did you rename any of the UniStorm components? The sun transform is called Light Parent.

If you have updated recently, try using a new prefab other than the on you are using. You can do so by going to Window>UniStorm>Create System prefab or use the Auto Player Setup. There is no need to manually setup anything as UniStorm does it for you.

26. TillmaniaLtd

TillmaniaLtd

Hey, tried emailing you twice today with no response :(

Im still having issues getting the mobile version up and running and was hoping to get it sorted today...

Ive just been playing around with the desktop version and I cant find much in the way of script documentation. Im trying to set the UniStorm weather system time values via script but there doesnt seem to be any way of doing this? I want to set the UniStorm day/night cycle to match the time of the users device so I need to be able to set the UniStorm time with a script.

Thanks

Sean

27. BHS

BHS

Hey Sean,

We're in the process of emailing you back. Sometimes we get floods of emails and we need to respond to them in order.

We provide a Save and Load example that allows you to set the time using saved data. You can do the same, but base the time off of DateTime and setting the current time when the user starts the application. You will need to call the LoadTime function to set the time.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System; //You will need to add this to the top of your script
    3. UniStormSystem.startTimeMinute = DateTime.Now.Minute; //Gets the current real-time Minutes
    4. UniStormSystem.startTimeHour = DateTime.Now.Hour; //Gets the current real-time Hour
    5. UniStormSystem.LoadTime(); //Apply the time changes to UniStorm
    As for time progression, you can then have the day and night lengths equal real time hours and minutes by using a value of 720 for both the Day Length and Night Length.

28. TillmaniaLtd

TillmaniaLtd

Awesome. Ill try that tomorrow! Still struggling with the clouds though...

29. FizzyGiant

FizzyGiant

Hey,

So I've been torn between buying UniStorm and the TENKOKU Dynamic Sky assets. I decided to go with UniStorm because of the climate controls and the exposed variables that I can access for networking side of things. However, I was wondering if I could put in a cheeky feature request for a few things that can be found in the TENKOKU Dynamic Sky asset.
    • Rainbow effects.
    • Aurora rendering, this is based on latitude in TDS but I'd be happy with it just having a random chance of appearing.
    • Total solar eclipse.
    I don't know if these features have been requested before, I did try a quick search on the forums but couldn't find anything.

Either way I'm really happy with my choice to go with UniStorm and look forward to what the future brings!

BHS and Stormy102 like this.
  30. Stormy102

Stormy102

Yeah I completely agree with these. I also would like to throw in my request for an accurate Milky-way star system to allow navigation through the stars ;)

FizzyGiant and BHS like this.
  31. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Solar eclipses has been requested before and it's something we would like to add in the future.

We plan on revamping weather types by adding new weather types. The plan is to create a poll where users can request and vote for new weather types, for those who are interested. The ones that get the most votes/popularity will be added to 2.4 update. People are also free to post their suggestions here on the forums, like you have done. Rainbows and Aurora weather types would be an awesome addition.

We would also like to have the possibility of "Severe Weather" weather types such as tornadoes, hurricanes, dust storms, etc that are more rare than regular weather types.

RoyS and FizzyGiant like this.
  32. FizzyGiant

FizzyGiant

I really like the sound of the severe weather types! Really looking forward to future updates now :D I'll keep an eye out for the poll then!

BHS likes this.
  33. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

Any Idea what's happening here? These are the Unity tree creator trees, when weather in Unistorm changes to wind or storm.

34. BHS

BHS

This has been fixed with our newer updates and was due to the Wind Zone Stormy being set to 40. It can be fixed by updating or going to the WindZoneStormy object and changing the intensities to all 1.

35. Brocan

Brocan

What about VR support planned for Q1 2016? any news? it's already implemented?

Thanks in advance

36. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

I already have the latest version of both Unity and Unistorm.

37. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

VR is supported, but it requires users to manually setup the cameras using the VR cameras. We have tested Oculus Rift, since we own a device, and the setup is pretty straight forward. However, we plan on making a tutorial video within the next few weeks. HTC Vive also works, which has been confirmed from our customers.

The plan with UniStorm 2.4 is to make the setup process automated using UniStorm's Auto Player Setup system for both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.

Our roadmap for UniStorm can be found here: http://www.blackhorizonstudios.com/roadmaps/unistorm/ It has our planned submission date as well as what we have planned for each update.

What VR device do you have?

Strange, this could be due to you using an old prefab from one of your scenes. I would recommend getting a new UniStorm system using Window>UniStorm>Create Weather System>Desktop. I can confirm that a new system works with proper wind using the newest version of UniStorm.

DesertRaven likes this.
  38. FizzyGiant

FizzyGiant

I've been using the HTC Vive and the SteamVR kit with Unistorm since buying it a few weeks ago, without any issues :)

39. buronix

buronix

Hey!!

for me its good idea add new Severe Weather, but I think there is a lot of space to improve in the actual weathers, like the streaks, the rain particles (the lines are not very "real"),rainSplashes, the rainStreaks is still using ParticleEmitter, which its obsolete and it will be removed in near future (its better to solve it now, that try to change it quickly when it will stop working, cause it will be deprecated and soon).

Also separate Moon and Soon Rotation to make it real would be awesome, its not very realistic now, and it will allow us to have a fade moon during the day, and a realistic moon motion in the sky (http://cseligman.com/text/sky/moonmotion.htm)

Stormy102 likes this.
  40. Brocan

Brocan

Thanks for your response. We're working with Oculus, VIVE and Gear. Sometimes we use the built-in VR support from Unity, and sometimes we use SteamVR. We're mainly concerned about the performance in VR.

Thanks, nice to read, i think that we're going to buy unistorm. :)

41. Stormy102

Stormy102

I'm not advertising, but Distorted Rain is a pretty good rain package.

42. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

I changed the values manually, all is looking good now, thanks for the help.

43. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

I want to be able to route the UniStorm sounds through a Unity 5 Mixer Group for sound control purposes. I can do this for the weather sounds since they appear to be generated through game objects that have the Audio Source component on it. But it's not an option for the bird sounds that are defined in the Sound Manager section of UniStormSystemEditor game object. Could you add the Output option that is on all Audio Source components to the Sound Manager Component?

If it could be in an update soon, it would help our development efforts. Thanks!

44. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon. I'm using UFPS Multieplayer. ( there 2 cameras) I added 3 camera , she processed the sky with a range of 18200. I did everything and everything works, except the clouds ! Clouds I have seen through any objects and the map itself. How to do it right , do added 3 new camera processed the sky and clouds??? Write in more detail if possible.

45. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

With our weather upgrade update, we plan on redoing the particle effects. Part of this is to upgrade the ParticleEmitter to the Shuriken Particle System.

Separate Moon and Sun rotations is a great idea and it's something we would like to implement. We will see what we can do.

You're welcome!

Yes, we can certainly do this. It is on our list of things to do for the next update.

For some reason, UniStorm's clouds were left on a layer that doesn't exists. This usually isn't a problem, unless you are using the 2 camera setup. Double check that all your clouds are using the layer that the UniStorm camera is rendering. This will be fixed with our next version, but this should provide you with a solution. If it doesn't, you can try this solution here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki..._Possible_Issues#My_clouds_are_not_showing_up

46. Alex3333

Alex3333

The link need information I have not found. You I most likely not understand. I have 2 cameras. 1 camera I need with the distance of 1000 , but not with the 18200 ( this distance requires your system to see clouds). How to display correctly on the new third camera so that it only processed the clouds with a distance 18200 ?? And the main camera remains at a distance of 1000.

47. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hello, as I seen both versions merged now. Does this mean I can build one project for desktop AND mobile or are both systems still two assets and I've to setup one mobile and one desktop project?

And does it works for consoles?

Is there Playmaker support?

48. BHS

BHS

You would have your visible UniStorm set on a newly created UniStorm layer. Your 3rd camera would only render the UniStorm layer. The Near Clipping Plane distance needed is around 8,000-10,000. The Far Clipping Plane does have to be at 18,200, but because it's using its own layer, it won't render the other things in your scene twice. Your 3rd camera will also need to have a Sun Shafts image effect on it. It will also need to be applied to UniStorm's Camera Object under Object Options.

The multi camera setup tutorial is here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials#Using_UniStorm_with_a_2_camera_setup I'm not sure why the link didn't work last time. You would do the same as the tutorial, but you would just have an additional camera.

We have had some customers use UniStorm with consoles, but it hasn't been tested by us.

We have also had some customers use PlayMaker with UniStorm, but it isn't officially supported yet. However, we are looking into support for PlayMaker soon.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    RoyS likes this.
  49. BHS

BHS

Both versions are included, but are separate systems. Both assets are included in one project, but they can also be in separate projects if needed.

50. Alex3333

Alex3333

I did everything correctly and checked several times. Everything seems to work , but there is a bug. if I twist the camera , the objects overlap on the sky ( picture objects is repeated as it were)

Attached Files:

• 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      620.3 KB
      Views: