Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unfinished PSvita game Development! Whats now?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by Guenther, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Guenther

Guenther

Hi Community..

what should i do now?
    As i have heard about, that unity is free and i can do development for PSvita, i have began to design with blender 3D Models .. and start to "programming and do storyscripts" for a game.
    but now i have read Sony stops PSM. What should i do now with the Project?

I'm a bit sad about this, just at the moment i have start programming and understunding the unity development.. sony has stopped the support!

i have upload some sample pictures ;) maybe you'll like this and have some futher ideas.
    Developers are welcome!
    Bild7.png Bild8.png Bild9.png Bild10.png Bild11.png

regards
    Guenther

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

If you're serious about the game then put it on PSN vita.

3. Guenther

Guenther

Hi.. I don't know what you meaning with the PSN?
    Does Unity Support the PSN development (development for the PSVITA?) and is it also free?

sorry but i'm really new in game development with unity. i'm happy about that i have done creating Models and Animating etc. and began to programming with unity (walking, using etc)

4. Stanley-Joy

Stanley-Joy

What hippocoder means is that you can get a much more premium license (PSN (PlayStation Network) or retail)for developing on the Vita. These licenses are expensive and it requires you to be a partner of the playstation developer program.
    However if your game is really good Sony might just get you a license for free.

5. mbowen89

mbowen89

Have you thought about making your game for iOS/Android since PSM is going down?

6. Guenther

Guenther

Hi.. hmm.. i think i can forget the Sony way! Thanks to Stanley for the help.

to Mr. mbowen.
    I'relly don't have. my problem is, i'm not a mobile Smartphone gamer (iOS and Android). I just play with the PSP or the PSVita if i'm on a journey. and i also don't think that development for the Systems should be easy. there are so many versions, firmwares, and devices outthere.. i think my knowledge isn't good enough.

I think, if noone else like to have my idea or the stuff i have created, i should delete this work! I have a lot of think to do to writing my 2nd book or the Movieskript.. maybe i should say R.i.P. to my game development :(

7. mbowen89

mbowen89

I understand what you are saying, but I wouldn't give up! It's really not that different! Honestly, as long as you make sure that your game works on some of the lower performing devices, you don't have TOO much to worry about ;)

Or just make it a PC game. Is this just a fun hobby, or you think you can make money?

8. Guenther

Guenther

hi.. i startet to create the first models with the hind, that this could be work on a mobile platform with not enough power like a PC or a gamestation like PS3 XBOX.

Money.. tell me one who don't like to have some :D but for me it was more the way to get a game to the Vita.. there are no games like skyrim / medival adventures.. or else.. overdose of JRPG.. and so i began to write the story, to create the models and so on.. i said it some times.. but .. in my freetime i'm a Autor.. not a developer.. ;) i learnd the basic of programming since unity told about support to PSM.

;) so when u have an idea, i will contact u via PM

9. Guenther

Guenther

Thanks a lot to all for the words and help.

10. goat

goat

Not a biggie…if you have a big hit game you will get in Sony console because they'll approach you or whoever your management winds up being.

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  11. FacLessSniper

FacLessSniper

overdose of JRPG.. is true I would like to make a open world game on the ps vita,

12. beemite

beemite

13. plastico21

plastico21

What hippocoder means is that you can get a much more premium license (PSN (PlayStation Network) or retail)for developing on the Vita. These licenses are expensive and it requires you to be a partner of the playstation developer program.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    tipos de plasticos

14. LegoDomme

LegoDomme

Keep developing. It looks good so far.