Search Unity

[UNET] Spawn existing network GameObjects on newly connected client

Discussion in 'UNet' started by Linearch, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Linearch

Linearch

I'm trying to do what the title says.

Let's say I have started the game. Have some clients connected and some networked objects spawned. All's going good. Then a new client joins. He got his new player GameObject and the ownership, but all networked objects that have existed before that new client joined doesn't spawn on the new client. Why? How can I achieve this? NetworkServer.SpawnObjects() doesn't help.

Thanks.

2. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

You're doing something wrong. I'm not sure what, but when a client connects to a host, the state of ALL objects with a NetworkIdentity component is relayed to the client. So objects that need to be spawned are spawned.

3. Linearch

Linearch

Hmm. I'm so lost here, lol. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I override some methods but also call the base in it, except for OnClientSceneChanged since there will be error about ready stuff, and for OnServerAddPlayer since it would spawn player twice if I don't.

I'm currently away right now. I'll post the script later, but it's so messy.

4. Linearch

Linearch

@DRRosen3 Here's the script, derived from NetworkManager.
    I still have no idea what am I doing wrong.

I have commented out my temporary fix in the script.

It is trying to relay the states, but the client can't process it since the object doesn't exist in the client which just connected AFTER the objects are spawned. Warnings about it keep being spammed on the console log.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  5. Linearch

Linearch

Anyone pls?
    Btw i have put the prefab on the spawnable list. Do i still need to register it using RegisterPrefab?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. noahmilam

noahmilam

Hello, I had a ball that I was trying to do a similar thing to.the ball was created as soon as the server was created in Start(). in order for me to get it to appear when I spawned a new client I unchecked both options on network Identity. that seem to make it appear for all
    upload_2016-4-8_15-33-8.png

Clossius likes this.
  7. recagonlei

recagonlei

I'm having the same issue here... A tried with both unmarked, but still nothing... Anyone knows how to fix that?

8. Clossius

Clossius

Unchecked Server Only and it worked! I was trying to figure this out all day!! 20 google searches later I found this. xD @noahmilam