Search Unity

[UNET] Problems with syncing Weapon rotation

Discussion in 'UNet' started by sambid123sameer, Jun 28, 2017.

1. sambid123sameer

sambid123sameer

Hello Everyone,

im using this line :- transform.rotation = Quaternion.LookRotation (MyCam.transform.forward, MyCam.transform.up);
    In the Update() Method To rotate my Weapon with the camera's rotation

Now i want to sync this rotation over the network so other Players can see my Weapon's rotation How do i do this? NetworkTransformChild is not working because the weapon is deep in the childs as its a child object of players hand

Please Help , TIA

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Try making your weapon model a child of your camera. Then add at the root of your prefab a networktransformchild component with as target your camera.

-Speedex

3. sambid123sameer

sambid123sameer

Hey thanks for your reply
    I really cant do that because i need my weapon to be parented to the hand so that it moves according to the animation :/
    is there any other way of doing it?

4. TwoTen

TwoTen

Just send the rotation to the server at the same rate as you send movements. And then RPC it to clients and apply it.

5. sambid123sameer

sambid123sameer

We can only sync a RigidBody that way , so i have to use either MoveRotation or rb.rotation for rotating , but that snaps the rotation instead or smoothly rotating :/

6. TwoTen

TwoTen

What?
    What I mean is when you are sending the player positions to the server. Also send the Weapon rotation.