Search Unity

[UNet] NetworkAnimator on a child object that contains Network Identity

Discussion in 'UNet' started by jimmay, Jun 24, 2016.

1. jimmay

jimmay

I'm really just getting started with UNet, so sorry if this is obvious. I have a game object that has a network identity, network transform, and some network transform child components. For my particular case, I need to have the game object that contains the visual underneath this parent game object.

I was trying to add a Network Animator so that I could synchronize the animation parameters over the network as well. However, this creates a new network identity component at the same level. Based on what I've read about network identities, this seems like something I do not want. I tried adding the network animator at the top level so that I could link the child animator, but due to the required animator component it creates an empty animator at the top level. Also, not what I want. I think in this case, the required component garbage is more headache that it is worth.

If there is a better way to go about this, please let me know. Previously I was synching these via RPCs, so maybe I'll go back to that.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Put animator On character with Avatar, put network Animator on player spawn object, select the animator component from Animator to network Animator set bool's what u need to sync, thats all.

3. jimmay

jimmay

Well, thanks for responding but I don't think you got the gist of the issue. Yes, I know how to use the network animator, however, due to the required component settings, the animator and network identity need to exist at the same level and that is not the case in my setup. For now, I have a disabled animator at the root level and linked in the child animator.