Search Unity

uncaught exception: unknown compression method

Discussion in 'Web' started by monark, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ironbellystudios

ironbellystudios

Just wanted to reply with a big thanks for posting your solution as I ran into the same issue today

2. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Hi All,
    Below given is the error that pops out in mozilla browser when I upload my webgl build to Apache server and trigger index.html file.
    Unity version 5.5.X
    Compression format: Gzip.
    How should I solve this issue. All threads and forums are saying to modify .htaccess file but unity is not generating .htaccess file!!
    Help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

Using Unity 5.5.X and getting "You can remove this delay if you configure your web server to host files using gz compression." when loading each of the files remotely on Chrome. It does, however, load extremely slow.

I have enabled DEFLATE on the Apache server, but it appears to need further configuration. There is no gzip module in modern Apache, and I have not tested Safari remotely at this point.

I do not get the same error when using Safari to load the page locally. I assume this is irrelevant, since it is local.

It is unfortunate this is still an issue and has no definitive configuration...

4. arnoldruizmatencio

arnoldruizmatencio

Yo solo estoy aquí porque el juego Freefall Tournament de Unity WebGL no me da, me sale el siguiente mensaje:
    "An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
    ReferenceError: gameInstance is not defined"
    Alguien me puede decir cómo solucionarlo plis.