Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unaccounted time between: Start of frame and Camera.Render

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by User340, Dec 2, 2016.

1. User340

User340

In the process of upgrading our app to version 5.5, I'm getting this severe slowdown. It only happens when I move the mouse around. This was not happening in 5.4. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 10.45.41 AM.png

2. RC15

RC15

It's the same for me. It happens when you modify some scripts or some textures in the inspector.
    Mac version.

EDIT : It might be related to Editor custom layout and EditorWindow

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. User340

User340

It's happening to me in the player which is not acceptable. I must hold off on 5.5 until this is addressed. Does anyone know what this message means?

4. gonzorob

gonzorob

This is also happening with me. Performance in Mac version is terrible. It's about a 10-30% performance drain on this alone.

5. heskethgames

heskethgames

Getting the same too, this a bug?

6. Leon-Fresh

Leon-Fresh

GUYS! I found out how to fix it. Change your layout to Default.

7. heskethgames

heskethgames

Didn't fix it for me sorry

8. zorgonski

zorgonski

I'm on Mac (el capitan) Just upgraded to 5.5 and I get that very same message and a big fps drop in editor. Tried the "default" layout but it did not do anything...Someone from unity, please advise!

9. Bravo_cr

Bravo_cr

We are in the same situation. For us it happens when loading from resources. It doesn't happen in 5.3. Trying to do a small report project to report a bug. We have the game live and this is killing our user experience.

10. touzov

touzov

This issue is not just in Editor. When building the game and attaching profiler to it I see the same issue. The frame rate drop on Mac is too big to pass through release testing. The frame rate in release configuration of the game is virtually the same as in build configured for profiler, so the issue is neither in the Editor nor profiler.
    Have anybody submitted this issue?

ChargedAds likes this.
  11. ChargedAds

ChargedAds

We were having the same issue "unaccounted time between: start of frame and camera.render" on Unity 5.5 in editor. The same lags appeared on Android devices.
    After some time of analysing the code we found that it was caused by instantiating prefab with Canvas component having renderMode set to WorldSpace and parenting it under another canvas. We just set renderMode to Screen Space - camera on that component and lags and spikes are gone. We don't know why but it helped us.

ilmario, pHembree and Stumpestro like this.
  12. lazer

lazer

Happening to me on 5.5.1f1. Disabling all canvas and ui components in my scene didnt help.

I did notice a near perfect correlation between the unacounted time and an extra? Gfx.ProcessCommands interval occurring on the render thread. The unaccounted time is just a fraction of a ms longer than the extra Gfx.ProcessCommands block. The amount of time varies dramatically and the unaccounted time block doenst appear every frame (but the Gfx.ProcessCommands block is usually still present just before the start of Camera.Render).

Apparently one cannot screenshot the profiler window otherwise would show a picture.

13. Stumpestro

Stumpestro

I disabled some canvas that were in World Space Mode and the issue disappear for me

pHembree likes this.
  14. YHS

YHS

use default layout works for me on mac... weird...
    fps from 2 back to 60.

15. bradbecker

bradbecker

Having this same problem... Switching to Default editor Layout on Mac fixes the problem temporarily.

16. meuklight

meuklight

Hi,
    I am getting this unaccounted time between start of frame and ngui.rendering.Emit world screen space geometry
    Does anyone solve this problem?
    TIA.

17. KBAallstar

KBAallstar

I have this problem after new iMac update. Looking for a solution.
    *EDIT* Setting window layout to default fixed it.

18. Ziggy90

Ziggy90

Getting this in Unity 5.5.5f1 as well. Changing layout has no effect.
    Restarting OS seems to do the trick.

19. jedy

jedy

Tip:
    To validate whether or not the engine is causing the performance issue or the game itself, maximize the game window - the problem doesn't seem to happen while the game window is maximized.