Search Unity

Unable to properly login into Answers

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by KeinZantezuken, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeinZantezuken

KeinZantezuken

http://answers.unity3d.com just wont let me login properly. It is not a cookie issue, I also tried multiple different browsers. I **CAN** make a new post but I can't add a comment or reply, it says I need to login.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  2. KeinZantezuken

KeinZantezuken

Great...

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Yup, they should pull JoAnte out of the simd job system to fix this sh*t :D

4. tnaseem

tnaseem

I'm having the same issue too. Been like this for some months for me.

It just sits there, and I can see in the status bar, it's going to id.unity3d.com, but then eventually just takes me to the Answers home page.

If I clear the Chrome browser cache and hit login again (in Unity Answers), it takes me to the Unity ID login page where I can finally enter my credentials. It then brings me back to Answers, and *still* wants me to login in. Hitting the login button again goes back to what it was doing above.

5. filibis

filibis

I'm having similar issue as well. answers.unity3d.com doesn't recognize me, so i need to click avatar on top right, then click login everytime (it doesn't ask for password though).

6. Johannski

Johannski

I actually can't even log in with Vivaldi and Firefox (with chrome I can). Using privacy badger and UBlock Origin, but even when disabling them it won't work. (Only with answers, the forum works perfect for me)

7. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

I'm having the same issue. I am 100% unable to log into Unity Answers, and I haven't been able to sign in all year. I use Unity Answers all the time, but I can never comment or upvote anything because signing in just doesn't work. Please prioritize this bug fix. Feel free to reach out to me if you want someone who's affected by this bug to get on a call with someone at Unity in order to help with troubleshooting.

Here are in-depth description on how I reproduce the issue on my end:
    1. Go to answers.unity3d.com
    2. Click on the user icon, then click "Sign In"
    3. It will load answers.unity3d.com/users/login.html
    4. I will then be redirected to answers.unity3d.com [LOGIN FAILS]
    5. Then I go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies
    6. Scroll down to "All cookies and site data" and search for "unity"
    7. Click on "Remove All Shown"
    8. Go back to answers.unity3d.com
    9. Click on the user icon, then click "Sign In"
    10. This time I'm shown the long in form. I enter my credentials and submit.
    11. I'm redirected to answers.unity3d.com, and I'm still not signed in. [LOGIN FAILS]
    I am successfully signed into every part of unity. I can view id.unity.com, forum.unity.com, .assetstore.unity3d.com, but answers.unity3d.com has never worked.

I've repeated the steps in other browsers and in incognito mode, and I always get the same result. I've tried this multiple times over the last year or so, and the behavior still hasn't changed. I submitted a bug report somewhere about this this spring and haven't heard back from it.

hopetolive and Aspekt1024 like this.
  8. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

@LivioDeLaCruz, I can't see anything wrong with your account. If it's any consolation, I can tell that we're shipping a new login plugin for Answers within too long.

9. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

Thanks for looking into it. I thought maybe my cookies got into a bad state, and I was just deleting it wrong, but I get the same issue on whatever machine I log into, even if it's the first time I'm ever logging in on that machine. The problem is definitely server-side.

I could try to make a new account, but I have my subscription tied to this account.

10. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

Any updates on this? Can you confirm if this incident is being tracked by the website team?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  11. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Heya, we just launched the updated login system for Answers - can you try that out for me?

12. Johannski

Johannski

Yey, you did it. Works for me now :)
    Only the upper bar looks quite broken:
    upload_2017-11-3_8-30-35.png

hopetolive and and-poulsen like this.
  13. Z_Pei

Z_Pei

Hi, the unity answer login is still broken for me.
    I can access all other functions on the website but whenever I click on the answer, it shows that I am not logged in.
    And when I click the login botton, it just redirect me to my Unity ID page.

samlibardi likes this.
  14. manuelseromenho

manuelseromenho

The same for me. Hope there's a solution for this soon.

samlibardi likes this.
  15. Hawkaru

Hawkaru

Same here, an update or fix would be nice.

samlibardi likes this.
  16. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Heya, did the login issue begin on November 2, or did you experience it before as well?
    Also, is it the same behaviour for all of you, e.g. you are redirected to Unity ID?

Deleted User likes this.
  17. Hawkaru

Hawkaru

I cant say when the problem started sry, but i can give you a few more details if you need.
    i know how the login should work, since its the same login on unity.feedback and unity.issue tracker i believe.
    You click on top right on your avatar -> login and then you are logged and and if you click avatar again you see your logged in username with welcome back, and option to go to edit account page

What happens on unity answers:
    You click on avatar -> login, then it redirects you very quickly to register (checks probably if there is already an account? and after that to https://id.unity.com/en/account/edit . When you go back to unity.answers you are logged out again (clicking on avatar gives you login/register optiions again)

samlibardi and kanth0917 like this.
  18. kanth0917

kanth0917

Having the same login issue here. Login state is lost when going from unity main page to unity answers. Pressing login on the Answers page and entering credentials redirects me to the Unity ID page.

19. NoDumbQuestion

NoDumbQuestion

Just join Unity. I also have this issue.
    If anyone can help me get to post answer on Unity, much help will be appreciated.

20. kai119

kai119

The same thing is happening to me too. Whenever I try and log in on unity answers it redirects me to the edit profile page. It's super frustrating as i have a question that urgently needs answering and I can't post and questions.

21. samlibardi

samlibardi

redirects to api.unity.com/v1/oauth2/yadayadayada -> answers.unity.com/users/register -> back to api.unity.com/v1/oauth2 -> id.unity.com/en/account/edit

EDIT: if you try to hit "Create account" it will go through only the last 2 hops

22. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Looking into this - thanks for the details. I'll keep you posted

23. irvinekyle

irvinekyle

Hi bumping this post ... i have the same issue with Answers forum. I can login other forums just not answer and get a bounced oauth URL and dump me at the account edit page.

24. LivioDeLaCruz

LivioDeLaCruz

Thanks! I can successfully log in now.

25. mjschoenmakers

mjschoenmakers

I have the same problem, but only the Login on the Answers, Feedback and Issue Tracker doesnt work, on the rest of the tabs of Unity Community the login does work. Is it the same for you?

26. tnaseem

tnaseem

Finally :) Works for me now too.
    Finally! :) I can log into Answers now on Chrome. Many thanks.

It always worked in Safari. It was just Chrome that started having issues.

27. ChristyGamer

ChristyGamer

I am having the same issue! Please somebody help.. every time I login to answers.unity.com it redirects to some authorize URL and then again redirects to my account page. Under Authorised application section there, I can find nothing. How to solve this?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2017
  28. obmoc

obmoc

I'm having a similar issue when logging into Answers, but it sends me to my account page and will randomly select a different language.

29. silviuss

silviuss

Deleted User likes this.
  30. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Hey everybody,
    Login should be working again! Sorry for the disruption

31. silviuss

silviuss

For me it's working now. Thanks!

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

It doesn't for me...
    When I click on "log in" I am redirected to my account settings as described in post #29.
    I didn't try from different browsers; I'm using Firefox Quantum.

33. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Can you try again now?

Deleted User likes this.
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's working now! Thank you! :)

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

When I login to answers.unity3d.com/users/login.html it redirects directly to https://id.unity.com/ru/account/edit.
    I tryed different browsers, different computers and clean of cookies... Really needed to login to Answers.

36. flynam

flynam

It's the same for me. I keep getting redirected to the UnityID page. This is frustrating to say the least. @and-poulsen can you give me an update?

37. jeremyplayraven

jeremyplayraven

I've always had this same problem with Unity answers:
    1) Google something, get a link to unity answers
    2) Open the unity answers page and then try to interact with it somehow (reply, upvote)
    3) Unity says you aren't logged in
    4) Click the login button
    5) Get redirected away from the answers page and logged into Unity ID
    6) Go back to the answers page (back button, history, from google, whatever) and notice that you still are not logged in

This behaviour has always existed for me, as far as I can remember (years, at least)

38. jeremyplayraven

jeremyplayraven

That's a new one for me! It just happened... my account page was in Spanish

39. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

Still getting the problem described (and I'm hardly a new user to UA! ;) - UE shows I'm signed out, clicking to login redirects me to the accounts page (where I'm logged in), and then going back to UA still shows me as signed out. Cleared all cookies etc.

40. Aspekt1024

Aspekt1024

I'm having the same issue too - can log into everything but Unity Answers

41. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

I reported it and it's been passed to the technical team a week ago, but no further news yet...

42. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Heya everyone -
    We're investigating this and will keep you posted.
    Sorry about the interruption.

43. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

Update from Maru@Unity today:

"Thank you for your patience.

It seems that this is an issue with the software that answers.unity.com uses, which our web team has reported to them to fix.

In the meantime, I would suggest that if you need to use the forums or answers pages to create a separate Unity account to access these sites until your account is fixed. Once I am told your account has been fixed, I will be back in touch.
    "

44. peter-motive

peter-motive

I've got the same issues with answers.unity.com.

45. peter-motive

peter-motive

Any movement on this? I haven't been able to login to answers.unity.com for a long time.

46. Linqen

Linqen

I'm having the same problem, i'm surprised that this isn't fixed since so many time....

Any news? It's really annoying

47. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Hey all,

We're sorry that you're unable to log into Unity Answers. If you could reach out to our support team here with information on your Unity ID and Answers account we can look into it for you.

I'm locking this thread as our support portal is the best course of action. We hope to get your accounts up and running again soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.