Search Unity

Unable to locate Android SDK/It's non existent in my folder...

Discussion in 'Android' started by SuperKingNicolas, Aug 17, 2017.

1. SuperKingNicolas

SuperKingNicolas

I've followed the instruction manual for getting started with Android Development in Unity 2017.1 though things with installing the Android SDK haven't worked out well...

I've installed the whole entire Android Studio, ran it for the first time and installed both Android Studio and SDK just to be safe. Though after installing it and testing out studio (simply opening it), it says that I had the wrong jdk bit (64 bit) and told me to install the 32bit jdk. I uninstalled my 64bit one and installed the 32bit one, etc. (hopefully that didn't mess with anything).

So now that I installed the 32bit jdk as it asked, I'm up to the part in the tutorial where it states: "Install or unpack the Android SDK. open the Android SDK Manager and add at least one Android SDK Platform, the Platform Tools, the Build Tools, and the USB drivers if you’re using Windows." Though when using the search bar and typing in "SDK Manager" no application is anywhere to be seen. I only see some images for the SDK Manager (even though I don't have it), and an "android sdk" batch file which opens a command window, spews tons of text, and closes so fast afterwards I can't read it..

Page of the manual i'm currently on: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-sdksetup.html

Any help?