Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to Download App, app could not be downloaded at this time

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Vartama, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Vartama

Vartama

We have been using Unity Cloud builds for our iOS project but now we can't install the builds anymore. When trying to install our build from Unity Cloud build the build will download but then a dialog pops up saying "Unable to Download App, app could not be downloaded at this time, OK or Retry" and retry doesn't work either. We have this problem on several different iOS devices with different iOS versions including 8.4.

Even builds that were successfully installed before can not be installed on the same device now. Some builds do install on one device but not on another device. So it does not seem to be any specific build that is broken. Our other projects install fine, it's just one of our projects that now has this issue.

Help?

Arto likes this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

This sounds like it could be a bug - I will PM you so you can give me more information. Stay tuned!

Is anyone else out there having this problem?

3. andrew-fray

andrew-fray

We've just started having this problem. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the 12 month anniversary of starting to use cloud build. We've verified it on iOS8 and 9.

We've gone through the delete/restart steps from the FAQ to no success. What's notable is that in the "delete profile" step, none of us had a cloud build profile to delete. When we install again after reboot, we're not prompted to add a profile and the app repeats the "could not download" error.

This is on rdw/alphabear.

4. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

We're looking into this. We suspect that updating the version of iOS on a device can mess with the UDID detection process. You can reset your device in Cloud Build by visiting these links:

For the main Cloud Build website:
    https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/device/reset
    (will result in a mostly blank page)

For the new beta Cloud Build website:
    https://build-beta.cloud.unity3d.com/device/reset
    (will redirect you to the site)

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Patrick

5. andrew-fray

andrew-fray

Actually, it turned out our distribution profile had expired. I regenerated one, uploaded, and it's working now.

6. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Oh interesting. Were new builds not failing because of this? And you were trying to install older builds that had been built before the profile expired?

Cheers,
    Patrick

7. andrew-fray

andrew-fray

We went on lockdown to make a release, _then_ the cert expired, so the build we were trying to test was shown as green but wouldn't install. Only when I triggered a new build did I see an error mentioning the cert.

I guess those old builds are gone forever?

8. GlitchInTheMatrix

GlitchInTheMatrix

Hi guys, sorry for post here but I having the same problem.

I get the same error using the Cloud Build and the Beta version site as well, actually the Beta site give me the message that my device have to be recognized by the system and give me the popup of Install the unity profile that when I press install it back to the site.

Im working with Unity5, trying to install in an Iphone5S and 6S, both with iOS 9.1 (13B143)

I tried to reset both devices with the 2 links patrickc posted but nothing happen.

https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/device/reset
    https://build-beta.cloud.unity3d.com/device/reset

I checked my AppDevelop Account and seems like all is right.
    Have my certificates of iOS Development and Distribution, in my Device list I have my 5S and 6S and in my Provisioning Profiles I have Active Distribution and Development with an expiate date of Nov 10, 2016

can be a bug in the sistem or something Im missing? Btw, Im the owner without collaborators.

thanks

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. Dee_Lucky

Dee_Lucky

I have the same issue after updating Unity to 5.3.1p, did someone find any solution to this bug?

10. Amesh

Amesh

Apologies for digging up an old thread but I've just started experiencing this today. My certificate uploaded to cloud build was expired so I uploaded a new valid one and now none of my old build work.

11. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@Amesh: we don't re-sign old builds when you upload a new certificate. Only new builds will use the newly uploaded certificate.

12. japtar10101

japtar10101

I'm getting the same problem with our entire team. The app is clearly downloaded in full, so at least I'm certain it's an installation problem. The notification isn't very informative ("[App Name] could not be installed at this time). What are some trouble-shooting steps we can take to figure out the main cause for this problem?

13. aadilrashid

aadilrashid

You can reset the app store and then try to download the app. If that doesn't work then you can download it from tutuapp ios. It will be surely work for you.